Fullscreen issues on Ubuntu 12.04 with NVIDIA experimental drivers

Started by badlogic, May 19, 2013, 23:13:08

Previous topic - Next topic

badlogic

Got an issue report for libgdx the other day, see http://www.badlogicgames.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=9042 for full details.

Basic setup: user runs app in fullscreen mode. Execution fails running the app a seccond time, on Ubuntu 12.04, using an NVIDIA GTS 540 with experimental drivers. Any idea what could cause this? I'm having difficulties reproducing this myself, maybe someone else encountered it as well.

princec

Hmm, slightly cross at the response the OP got on #lwjgl though. Is there a transcript and can the transgressors be hung by the toenails until sorry?

Cas :)

kappa

Quote from: princec on May 20, 2013, 08:06:27
Hmm, slightly cross at the response the OP got on #lwjgl though. Is there a transcript and can the transgressors be hung by the toenails until sorry?

Cas :)
Transcript at 21:43, no surprise at who the perpetrator was.

If I was to guess I'd say its a nvidia driver bug, anyway tried here but can't reproduce it on my nvidia card (although using latest stable nvidia driver as opposed to experimental). Anyway there was a change in the way xrandr 1.4 parses display settings recently, so maybe OP might have some luck with the latest nightly build of LWJGL.