[ERROR] Need Help Fixing This Error

Started by xShane, March 17, 2013, 05:31:06

Previous topic - Next topic

xShane

Hey,

IDE: Eclipse 4.2.2
Java: 1.7
LWJGL: Latest?

I recently *just* got around to installing Eclipse and LWJGL. I have previous experience with Java via a college-level course (in high school) in computer science. I recently just got done "learning" (more like "toying") with Objective-C and OSX/iOS development. I've been wanting to do Java game development for quite some time now.

Anyhow,
I was completing the very first basic tutorial regarding displays. My code is basically exactly the same as provided in the example:

http://www.lwjgl.org/wiki/index.php?title=LWJGL_Basics_1_%28The_Display%29

import org.lwjgl.LWJGLException;
import org.lwjgl.opengl.Display;
import org.lwjgl.opengl.DisplayMode;

public class MainTest
{

public void start()
	{
		try
		{
			Display.setDisplayMode(new DisplayMode(800, 600));
			Display.create();
		} catch (LWJGLException e)
		{
			e.printStackTrace();
			System.exit(0);
		}

//init OpenGL here

while (!Display.isCloseRequested() )
		{
			//render OpenGL here
			Display.update();
		}

Display.destroy();
	}

public static void main(String[] args)
	{
		MainTest mainTest = new MainTest();
		mainTest.start();
	}
}

When running, the created window/display flashes for barely a fraction of a second and I get this error in the console:

JavaVM WARNING: JAWT_GetAWT must be called after loading a JVM
org.lwjgl.LWJGLException: Could not get the JAWT interface
   at org.lwjgl.opengl.AWTSurfaceLock.lockAndInitHandle(Native Method)
   at org.lwjgl.opengl.AWTSurfaceLock.access$100(AWTSurfaceLock.java:51)
   at org.lwjgl.opengl.AWTSurfaceLock$1.run(AWTSurfaceLock.java:94)
   at org.lwjgl.opengl.AWTSurfaceLock$1.run(AWTSurfaceLock.java:92)
   at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
   at org.lwjgl.opengl.AWTSurfaceLock.privilegedLockAndInitHandle(AWTSurfaceLock.java:92)
   at org.lwjgl.opengl.AWTSurfaceLock.lockAndGetHandle(AWTSurfaceLock.java:66)
   at org.lwjgl.opengl.MacOSXCanvasPeerInfo.initHandle(MacOSXCanvasPeerInfo.java:57)
   at org.lwjgl.opengl.MacOSXDisplayPeerInfo.doLockAndInitHandle(MacOSXDisplayPeerInfo.java:56)
   at org.lwjgl.opengl.PeerInfo.lockAndGetHandle(PeerInfo.java:85)
   at org.lwjgl.opengl.MacOSXContextImplementation.create(MacOSXContextImplementation.java:47)
   at org.lwjgl.opengl.ContextGL.<init>(ContextGL.java:132)
   at org.lwjgl.opengl.Display.create(Display.java:847)
   at org.lwjgl.opengl.Display.create(Display.java:754)
   at org.lwjgl.opengl.Display.create(Display.java:736)
   at MainTest.start(MainTest.java:15)
   at MainTest.main(MainTest.java:36)

I do believe I properly set up LWJGL to work with Eclipse (following the providing installation documentation).

Cheers,
Shane

quew8

xShane

Quote from: quew8 on March 17, 2013, 08:48:24
http://lwjgl.org/forum/index.php/topic,4711.0.html I believe this is you problem.

Yupp, unfortunately it appears so.

I guess my only option is to downgrade to a different version of Java? Or maybe switch to Ubuntu/Linux for developing until it gets fixed?

kappa

Quote from: xShane on March 17, 2013, 18:06:07

I guess my only option is to downgrade to a different version of Java? Or maybe switch to Ubuntu/Linux for developing until it gets fixed?
Or use the nightly builds for LWJGL 2.9 provided in that thread and carry on using OS X and Java 7.

xShane

Quote from: kappa on March 17, 2013, 18:51:14
Quote from: xShane on March 17, 2013, 18:06:07

Or use the nightly builds for LWJGL 2.9 provided in that thread and carry on using OS X and Java 7.

Awesome. What are the current downsides to using a nightly build (I understand what it is)?

EDIT: Just tried 2.9. Still get the same error as before. I reverted back to 2.8.5 and also will use Java 6 instead of Java 7 until things get sorted out. Alternatively, should I use Linux/Ubuntu and then port back to Mac when things are fixed?

kappa

You really shouldn't get that error with the lwjgl 2.9 builds when running your above test case, just make sure you replaced the jars/natives properly.

Try call

System.out.println("LWJGL VERSION: " + Sys.getVersion());

At the beginning of your application to double check that you've replaced the jars/natives properly to LWJGL 2.9.

xShane

Quote from: kappa on March 18, 2013, 14:53:17
You really shouldn't get that error with the lwjgl 2.9 builds when running your above test case, just make sure you replaced the jars/natives properly.

Try call

System.out.println("LWJGL VERSION: " + Sys.getVersion());

At the beginning of your application to double check that you've replaced the jars/natives properly to LWJGL 2.9.

Just double checked, it printed 2.9.0, but still get the error (while on Java 7 w/ lwjgl 2.9.0).