Hello Guest

[FIXED] UnsatisfiedLinkError: GL30.nglGetIntegeri_v(IIJJ)V

• 2 Replies
[FIXED] UnsatisfiedLinkError: GL30.nglGetIntegeri_v(IIJJ)V
« on: December 31, 2012, 01:46:04 »
Hello! I'm trying to query the maximum number of work groups that may be dispatched to a compute shader in OpenGL 4.3 Core Profile.

In order to do so, the docs say we should use the indexed versions of glGet, where indices 0, 1 and 2 correspond to the X, Y and Z dimensions, respectively.

So, for instance, to query the maximum number of work groups in the Y dimension, I'm using the following code:

Code: [Select]
int result = glGetInteger(GL_MAX_COMPUTE_WORK_GROUP_SIZE, 1);
However, it throws the following exception:

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: org.lwjgl.opengl.GL30.nglGetIntegeri_v(IIJJ)V
at org.lwjgl.opengl.GL30.nglGetIntegeri_v(Native Method)
at org.lwjgl.opengl.GL30.glGetInteger(GL30.java:1400)
... 5 more

I've also tried this alternative:

glGetInteger(GL_MAX_COMPUTE_WORK_GROUP_SIZE, 1, tempIntBuffer);
But it also fails with the same exception. The only difference being the source line that is shown on the stack trace: GL30.java:1390.

Additional details: LWJGL 2.8.5, 64-bit Windows 7, Nvidia GeForce GTX 560 with driver version 310.70

I've found a temporary workaround that works perfectly in my machine and returns the correct results:

int result = org.lwjgl.opengl.ARBViewportArray.glGetIntegerIndexedEXT(GL_MAX_COMPUTE_WORK_GROUP_SIZE, 1);
// or:
org.lwjgl.opengl.ARBViewportArray.glGetIntegerIndexedEXT(GL_MAX_COMPUTE_WORK_GROUP_SIZE, 1, tempIntBuffer);

I would like to confirm if this is a bug or if I'm missing something. Other than that LWJGL works flawlessly for me and simply rocks! ;D

Unrelated note: if anyone is interested ;), there are videos of some of my LWJGL demos on my youtube channel.
Here is one about shadow mapping: www.youtube.com/watch?v=8yb_otvuz6Y
And another one about hardware tessellation: www.youtube.com/watch?v=LT1JE4jjXXA
« Last Edit: January 02, 2013, 10:05:42 by kappa »

Offline spasi

• WebHotelier
Re: [BUG] UnsatisfiedLinkError: GL30.nglGetIntegeri_v(IIJJ)V
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2013, 16:15:56 »
Thank you very much for reporting this issue, it has been fixed now.

Re: [BUG] UnsatisfiedLinkError: GL30.nglGetIntegeri_v(IIJJ)V
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2013, 04:31:35 »
Hello Spasi!

Great!!! Thank you very much for fixing it so quickly! :)

Congratulations to all of you guys who do an awesome job maintaining and keeping LWJGL up to date! ;)