[Solved] Applet stopped working

Started by yuma, November 14, 2012, 14:20:40

Previous topic - Next topic

yuma

Ahoy there! First post here!

I've been having a problem with applets. It happens with my games and with the gears example provided in the LWJGL source distribution file. I think I'm not good at describing it because I find no clue on Google about it. The thing is that when I create an applet and run it from Eclipse or from a browser it works nice until I try to close it. When I close it the game loop stops (good) but after 10-20 seconds I get a "Java has stopped working" Windows message, i.e.,

Has anyone found him/herself in such situation? Do you know what am I doing wrong? I'm kind of loosing my mind here...

I'm using the latest LWJGL (but also happened in previous versions) and my java settings are:

$ java -version
java version "1.7.0_09"
Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.7.0_09-b05)
Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 23.5-b02, mixed mode)

Thanks! <3

EDIT: I placed a closed tag on the thread, but I think it's better to place a solved one.

yuma

Don't ask me why because I don't know why I did this, but I changed the "Compiler compliance level" from 1.6 to 1.7 and now it works perfectly in Eclipse. When I quit it nicely exits. No complaints.

The same happens with the LWJGL Applet Loader (which I thought only ate java6 applets and that's why the compliance level was 1.6 in the first place).

Sorry for the noise! :-(

CodeBunny

When you closed the applet, maybe you had code that only worked in Java 7?

yuma

I'm not sure... I think all I have is harversted from this page and that one which usually are very old (2010 and before). So it should be compatible with jre6...

CodeBunny

What was the code that occurred when the applet closed?