Hello Guest

LWJGL 2.8.5

• 22 Replies
Re: LWJGL 2.8.5
« Reply #15 on: November 06, 2012, 19:34:22 »
We migrated libgdx to github and so far it has been awesome there have been a lot of new contributions and using the pull request system is quite nice, you can see the proposed changes, comment on them, ask them to fix something and the pull request is automatically updated. In my experience the change to github is much more than the change to git, so I would vote for going to github instead of just using git in sourceforge.

P.S. I already made the 2.8.5 release of lwjgl in maven central, but it hasn't been synced yet

Offline jakj

« Reply #16 on: November 07, 2012, 00:36:38 »
Also, not having to use the alphabet-soup crap that is the default GL commands most of the time is really nice, and I'm disappointed about moving away from that (though I understand why). I think it's much cleaner and more readable to do glUniform(id, (float)0, (float)6.1) (and even more clear using parameter values instead, so they're already cast) instead of glUniform2f.

I'm a bit confused, what post are you referring to? The way LWJGL handles the GL/CL/AL APIs is the best thing about it imho and I don't think there's been any plan to change that. I also absolutely love the alternative signatures, that's why I added them in the first place.

I'm referring to this: http://lwjgl.org/forum/index.php/topic,4721.0.html

Perhaps I'm just overreacting and read too much into that post. If it's done only because overloading can't account for return type as part of the signature, then hey, that's the right thing to do, but I had been under the impression that the API in general was going to change back to the GL-style names.

Online spasi

• WebHotelier
« Reply #17 on: November 07, 2012, 07:39:55 »
Yes, that change affects glGet functions only. Nothing else will be modified.

Offline jakj

« Reply #18 on: November 07, 2012, 10:23:19 »
Yes, that change affects glGet functions only. Nothing else will be modified.

My apologies for jumping to conclusions, then: Keep up the good work. :-)

« Reply #19 on: November 07, 2012, 20:05:13 »
When is the "3.0 RFE discussion" thread going up? I'm curious what the current ideas are.

« Reply #20 on: November 13, 2012, 11:12:55 »
Tbh, I wouldn't mind getting more people involved (not necessarily you, but in general). A lot of the code doesn't even require c/c++ knowledge - it's just normal java code.
Is there any roadmap/feature list for what to do. So that interested developers can think about contributing to the project?

Offline Matzon

« Reply #21 on: November 13, 2012, 12:02:25 »
not really ... there is the 3.0 thread though: http://lwjgl.org/forum/index.php/topic,4800

Offline kappa

« Reply #22 on: November 13, 2012, 12:32:59 »
Is there any roadmap/feature list for what to do. So that interested developers can think about contributing to the project?
Yeh the 3.0 thread above is the direction we are heading but there is also the BUG/RFE forum, it has a list of bugs and various requests for enhancements, just pick a thread in there and fix or implement it, probably the best way to start contributing.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2012, 13:21:50 by kappa »