[RFE] LWJGL 3.0

Started by spasi, November 08, 2012, 13:23:54

Previous topic - Next topic

matanui159

Just one more question (sorry for so many questions, I'm making a game engine)

Will the Mac taskbar icon bug be fixed?
On mac if you don't set an icon it will show a java cup on paper (not the lwjgl icon)
And if you try to set an icon it will show the swing task bar icon
ALGORITHM
A word used by programmers when they do not want to explain what they did.

WEE :)

EnergyRay

I decided to try and get LWJGL 3 up-and-running for testing purposes, but it seems that I've hit a snag.

Firstly, I'd like to add here that the version of Ant Eclipse uses does NOT support Java 8 (as of 17.5.2014, Kepler SR2 with Java 8 patch). This may cause the build script to throw "Could not find class: javac1.8", or something along those lines, because it will try to use the default JRE (probably 1.8 ). To fix this issue: Right-click on the build script - Run as - Ant build... - JRE - and finally set it to use java 1.7. That should fix that issue.

I followed the somewhat lacking (suggest improving) documentation and guides posted here and on the lwjgl3 wiki:
Quote from: spasi on February 11, 2014, 16:13:13
You need to properly configure a C compiler to build LWJGL. The only tested (and officially supported) compiler at the moment is MSVC. The easiest way to set it up is:

- Download Visual Studio Express and install it.
- Run VC's vcvarsall.bat script from the command line, passing the appropriate architecture argument; x86 or x64, depending on which one you want to build.

You should be good to go after that.

Unfortunately this didn't work. The build script fails to run "cl" in the native bin folder (which is due to the C-compiler not configured correctly?).
E:\Eclipse\eclipse\Git\lwjgl3\config\windows\build.xml:33: Execute failed: java.io.IOException: Cannot run program "cl" (in directory "E:\Eclipse\eclipse\Git\lwjgl3\bin\lwjglamd64"): CreateProcess error=2
In fact, the folder is entirely empty, and this is the same issue that user Jeroenimoo0 had (an older post in this thread).

I do not know whether I have failed to follow the few (seemingly easy) steps, or whether there are some steps that are missing. Given that the batch file does not seem to output anything unless a wrong architecture argument is passed (resulting in "The specified configuration type is missing."), it is hard for me to say if it has even done anything. I do not know what it should do, or even what the native bin folder should contain. I did, however, try to go through the various ant files in hopes of finding a lead.

So, basically, I need some help with this! :P

I also apologize if this is a bit too old thread to reply to.

EDIT: Corrected the order of two paragraphs.

spasi

Hey EnergyRay,

The instructions do not mention Eclipse and the repository does not include a properly configured Eclipse project yet (there's one only for IntelliJ so far). I'm not sure what the problem is exactly; do you run the ant targets from within Eclipse or via the command line? For now, my recommendation would be to run the "compile-templates" and "compile-native" targets from the command line, it should be easier to solve any issues.

A thing you should test is running "cl" on the command line after vcvarsall.bat. Is it available? If yes, "ant compile-native" should run just fine.

EnergyRay

Hey, spasi!

I highly doubt Eclipse had anything to do with the problem. I ran Ant from command line just in case (however, this required me to change default jdk to 1.7, but I digress) which resulted in the exact same error as before.

Then I checked the "cl" command, and it wasn't recognized (there's the problem). I re-installed VS, which then fixed the issue (I don't know why).

Not making much progress:
compile-native-windows:
 [Compiler] org_lwjgl_system_windows_WinBase.c
 [Compiler] E:\LWJGL\lwjgl3\generated\native\system\windows\org_lwjgl_system_windows_WinBase.c(14) : error C2220: warning treated as error - no 'object' file generated
 [Compiler] E:\LWJGL\lwjgl3\generated\native\system\windows\org_lwjgl_system_windows_WinBase.c(14) : warning C4996: 'GetVersionExW': was declared deprecated
 [Compiler] C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Kits\8.1\include\um\sysinfoapi.h(442) : see declaration of 'GetVersionExW'

BUILD FAILED
E:\LWJGL\lwjgl3\build.xml:187: The following error occurred while executing this line:
E:\LWJGL\lwjgl3\config\windows\build.xml:33: apply returned: 2

That is the output from the build script (specifically "compile-native" target) ran from command line. At least the ${bin.native} folder has a bunch of .obj files now...

cebarks

Quote from: EnergyRay on May 19, 2014, 11:48:05
Hey, spasi!

I highly doubt Eclipse had anything to do with the problem. I ran Ant from command line just in case (however, this required me to change default jdk to 1.7, but I digress) which resulted in the exact same error as before.

Then I checked the "cl" command, and it wasn't recognized (there's the problem). I re-installed VS, which then fixed the issue (I don't know why).

Not making much progress:
compile-native-windows:
 [Compiler] org_lwjgl_system_windows_WinBase.c
 [Compiler] E:\LWJGL\lwjgl3\generated\native\system\windows\org_lwjgl_system_windows_WinBase.c(14) : error C2220: warning treated as error - no 'object' file generated
 [Compiler] E:\LWJGL\lwjgl3\generated\native\system\windows\org_lwjgl_system_windows_WinBase.c(14) : warning C4996: 'GetVersionExW': was declared deprecated
 [Compiler] C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Kits\8.1\include\um\sysinfoapi.h(442) : see declaration of 'GetVersionExW'

BUILD FAILED
E:\LWJGL\lwjgl3\build.xml:187: The following error occurred while executing this line:
E:\LWJGL\lwjgl3\config\windows\build.xml:33: apply returned: 2

That is the output from the build script (specifically "compile-native" target) ran from command line. At least the ${bin.native} folder has a bunch of .obj files now...

I'm having this same issue also, same error and everything. Tried it on multiple windows installs so I'm not sure what's wrong.

spasi

Yes, sorry, I haven't updated to the latest VS yet. I pushed a (temporary) fix, please do a git pull, then try again.

EnergyRay

Making progress, but the script is still failing...

tests:

BUILD FAILED
E:\LWJGL\lwjgl3\build.xml:208: Problem: failed to create task or type testng
Cause: The name is undefined.
Action: Check the spelling.
Action: Check that any custom tasks/types have been declared.
Action: Check that any <presetdef>/<macrodef> declarations have taken place.

cebarks

New error
Buildfile: C:\Users\Anten\git\lwjgl3\build.xml

-initialize:

-dependencies-uptodate:

check-dependencies:

compile-templates:
[Templates] Compiling Kotlin templates. This will take several seconds...

-generated-uptodate:

generate:

compile:

compile-tests:

compile-native:

compile-native-windows:

-link:
   [Linker]    Creating library lwjgl64.lib and object lwjgl64.exp
   [Linker] org_lwjgl_system_glfw_GLFW.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _glfwInit referenced in function _Java_org_lwjgl_system_glfw_GLFW_nglfwInit@8
   [Linker] org_lwjgl_system_glfw_GLFW.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _glfwTerminate referenced in function _Java_org_lwjgl_system_glfw_GLFW_nglfwTerminate@8
   [Linker] org_lwjgl_system_glfw_GLFW.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _glfwGetVersion referenced in function _Java_org_lwjgl_system_glfw_GLFW_nglfwGetVersion@32
   [Linker] org_lwjgl_system_glfw_GLFW.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _glfwGetVersionString referenced in function _Java_org_lwjgl_system_glfw_GLFW_nglfwGetVersionString@8
   [Linker] org_lwjgl_system_glfw_GLFW.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _glfwSetErrorCallback referenced in function _Java_org_lwjgl_system_glfw_GLFW_nglfwSetErrorCallback@16
   [Linker] org_lwjgl_system_glfw_GLFW.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _glfwGetMonitors referenced in function _Java_org_lwjgl_system_glfw_GLFW_nglfwGetMonitors@16
   [Linker] org_lwjgl_system_glfw_GLFW.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _glfwGetPrimaryMonitor referenced in function _Java_org_lwjgl_system_glfw_GLFW_glfwGetPrimaryMonitor@8
   [Linker] org_lwjgl_system_glfw_GLFW.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _glfwGetMonitorPos referenced in function _Java_org_lwjgl_system_glfw_GLFW_nglfwGetMonitorPos@32
   [Linker] org_lwjgl_system_glfw_GLFW.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _glfwGetMonitorPhysicalSize referenced in function _Java_org_lwjgl_system_glfw_GLFW_nglfwGetMonitorPhysicalSize@32
   [Linker] org_lwjgl_system_glfw_GLFW.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _glfwGetMonitorName referenced in function _Java_org_lwjgl_system_glfw_GLFW_nglfwGetMonitorName@16
   [Linker] org_lwjgl_system_glfw_GLFW.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _glfwSetMonitorCallback referenced in function _Java_org_lwjgl_system_glfw_GLFW_nglfwSetMonitorCallback@16
   [Linker] org_lwjgl_system_glfw_GLFW.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _glfwGetVideoModes referenced in function _Java_org_lwjgl_system_glfw_GLFW_nglfwGetVideoModes@24
   [Linker] org_lwjgl_system_glfw_GLFW.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _glfwGetVideoMode referenced in function _Java_org_lwjgl_system_glfw_GLFW_nglfwGetVideoMode@16
   [Linker] org_lwjgl_system_glfw_GLFW.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _glfwSetGamma referenced in function _Java_org_lwjgl_system_glfw_GLFW_nglfwSetGamma@20
   [Linker] org_lwjgl_system_glfw_GLFW.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _glfwGetGammaRamp referenced in function _Java_org_lwjgl_system_glfw_GLFW_nglfwGetGammaRamp@16
   [Linker] org_lwjgl_system_glfw_GLFW.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _glfwSetGammaRamp referenced in function _Java_org_lwjgl_system_glfw_GLFW_nglfwSetGammaRamp@24
   [Linker] org_lwjgl_system_glfw_GLFW.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _glfwDefaultWindowHints referenced in function _Java_org_lwjgl_system_glfw_GLFW_glfwDefaultWindowHints@8
   [Linker] org_lwjgl_system_glfw_GLFW.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _glfwWindowHint referenced in function _Java_org_lwjgl_system_glfw_GLFW_glfwWindowHint@16
   [Linker] org_lwjgl_system_glfw_GLFW.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _glfwCreateWindow referenced in function _Java_org_lwjgl_system_glfw_GLFW_nglfwCreateWindow@40
   [Linker] org_lwjgl_system_glfw_GLFW.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _glfwDestroyWindow referenced in function _Java_org_lwjgl_system_glfw_GLFW_nglfwDestroyWindow@16
   [Linker] org_lwjgl_system_glfw_GLFW.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _glfwWindowShouldClose referenced in function _Java_org_lwjgl_system_glfw_GLFW_nglfwWindowShouldClose@16
   [Linker] org_lwjgl_system_glfw_GLFW.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _glfwSetWindowShouldClose referenced in function _Java_org_lwjgl_system_glfw_GLFW_nglfwSetWindowShouldClose@20
   [Linker] org_lwjgl_system_glfw_GLFW.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _glfwSetWindowTitle referenced in function _Java_org_lwjgl_system_glfw_GLFW_nglfwSetWindowTitle@24
   [Linker] org_lwjgl_system_glfw_GLFW.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _glfwGetWindowPos referenced in function _Java_org_lwjgl_system_glfw_GLFW_nglfwGetWindowPos@32
   [Linker] org_lwjgl_system_glfw_GLFW.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _glfwSetWindowPos referenced in function _Java_org_lwjgl_system_glfw_GLFW_nglfwSetWindowPos@24
   [Linker] org_lwjgl_system_glfw_GLFW.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _glfwGetWindowSize referenced in function _Java_org_lwjgl_system_glfw_GLFW_nglfwGetWindowSize@32
   [Linker] org_lwjgl_system_glfw_GLFW.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _glfwSetWindowSize referenced in function _Java_org_lwjgl_system_glfw_GLFW_nglfwSetWindowSize@24
   [Linker] org_lwjgl_system_glfw_GLFW.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _glfwGetFramebufferSize referenced in function _Java_org_lwjgl_system_glfw_GLFW_nglfwGetFramebufferSize@32
   [Linker] org_lwjgl_system_glfw_GLFW.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _glfwIconifyWindow referenced in function _Java_org_lwjgl_system_glfw_GLFW_nglfwIconifyWindow@16
   [Linker] org_lwjgl_system_glfw_GLFW.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _glfwRestoreWindow referenced in function _Java_org_lwjgl_system_glfw_GLFW_nglfwRestoreWindow@16
   [Linker] org_lwjgl_system_glfw_GLFW.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _glfwShowWindow referenced in function _Java_org_lwjgl_system_glfw_GLFW_nglfwShowWindow@16
   [Linker] org_lwjgl_system_glfw_GLFW.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _glfwHideWindow referenced in function _Java_org_lwjgl_system_glfw_GLFW_nglfwHideWindow@16
   [Linker] org_lwjgl_system_glfw_GLFW.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _glfwGetWindowMonitor referenced in function _Java_org_lwjgl_system_glfw_GLFW_nglfwGetWindowMonitor@16
   [Linker] org_lwjgl_system_glfw_GLFW.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _glfwGetWindowAttrib referenced in function _Java_org_lwjgl_system_glfw_GLFW_nglfwGetWindowAttrib@20
   [Linker] org_lwjgl_system_glfw_GLFW.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _glfwSetWindowUserPointer referenced in function _Java_org_lwjgl_system_glfw_GLFW_nglfwSetWindowUserPointer@24
   [Linker] org_lwjgl_system_glfw_GLFW.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _glfwGetWindowUserPointer referenced in function _Java_org_lwjgl_system_glfw_GLFW_nglfwGetWindowUserPointer@16
   [Linker] org_lwjgl_system_glfw_WindowCallback.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _glfwGetWindowUserPointer
   [Linker] org_lwjgl_system_glfw_GLFW.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _glfwSetWindowPosCallback referenced in function _Java_org_lwjgl_system_glfw_GLFW_nglfwSetWindowPosCallback@24
   [Linker] org_lwjgl_system_glfw_GLFW.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _glfwSetWindowSizeCallback referenced in function _Java_org_lwjgl_system_glfw_GLFW_nglfwSetWindowSizeCallback@24
   [Linker] org_lwjgl_system_glfw_GLFW.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _glfwSetWindowCloseCallback referenced in function _Java_org_lwjgl_system_glfw_GLFW_nglfwSetWindowCloseCallback@24
   [Linker] org_lwjgl_system_glfw_GLFW.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _glfwSetWindowRefreshCallback referenced in function _Java_org_lwjgl_system_glfw_GLFW_nglfwSetWindowRefreshCallback@24
   [Linker] org_lwjgl_system_glfw_GLFW.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _glfwSetWindowFocusCallback referenced in function _Java_org_lwjgl_system_glfw_GLFW_nglfwSetWindowFocusCallback@24
   [Linker] org_lwjgl_system_glfw_GLFW.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _glfwSetWindowIconifyCallback referenced in function _Java_org_lwjgl_system_glfw_GLFW_nglfwSetWindowIconifyCallback@24
   [Linker] org_lwjgl_system_glfw_GLFW.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _glfwSetFramebufferSizeCallback referenced in function _Java_org_lwjgl_system_glfw_GLFW_nglfwSetFramebufferSizeCallback@24
   [Linker] org_lwjgl_system_glfw_GLFW.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _glfwPollEvents referenced in function _Java_org_lwjgl_system_glfw_GLFW_nglfwPollEvents@8
   [Linker] org_lwjgl_system_glfw_GLFW.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _glfwWaitEvents referenced in function _Java_org_lwjgl_system_glfw_GLFW_nglfwWaitEvents@8
   [Linker] org_lwjgl_system_glfw_GLFW.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _glfwGetInputMode referenced in function _Java_org_lwjgl_system_glfw_GLFW_nglfwGetInputMode@20
   [Linker] org_lwjgl_system_glfw_GLFW.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _glfwSetInputMode referenced in function _Java_org_lwjgl_system_glfw_GLFW_nglfwSetInputMode@24
   [Linker] org_lwjgl_system_glfw_GLFW.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _glfwGetKey referenced in function _Java_org_lwjgl_system_glfw_GLFW_nglfwGetKey@20
   [Linker] org_lwjgl_system_glfw_GLFW.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _glfwGetMouseButton referenced in function _Java_org_lwjgl_system_glfw_GLFW_nglfwGetMouseButton@20
   [Linker] org_lwjgl_system_glfw_GLFW.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _glfwGetCursorPos referenced in function _Java_org_lwjgl_system_glfw_GLFW_nglfwGetCursorPos@32
   [Linker] org_lwjgl_system_glfw_GLFW.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _glfwSetCursorPos referenced in function _Java_org_lwjgl_system_glfw_GLFW_nglfwSetCursorPos@32
   [Linker] org_lwjgl_system_glfw_GLFW.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _glfwSetKeyCallback referenced in function _Java_org_lwjgl_system_glfw_GLFW_nglfwSetKeyCallback@24
   [Linker] org_lwjgl_system_glfw_GLFW.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _glfwSetCharCallback referenced in function _Java_org_lwjgl_system_glfw_GLFW_nglfwSetCharCallback@24
   [Linker] org_lwjgl_system_glfw_GLFW.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _glfwSetMouseButtonCallback referenced in function _Java_org_lwjgl_system_glfw_GLFW_nglfwSetMouseButtonCallback@24
   [Linker] org_lwjgl_system_glfw_GLFW.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _glfwSetCursorPosCallback referenced in function _Java_org_lwjgl_system_glfw_GLFW_nglfwSetCursorPosCallback@24
   [Linker] org_lwjgl_system_glfw_GLFW.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _glfwSetCursorEnterCallback referenced in function _Java_org_lwjgl_system_glfw_GLFW_nglfwSetCursorEnterCallback@24
   [Linker] org_lwjgl_system_glfw_GLFW.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _glfwSetScrollCallback referenced in function _Java_org_lwjgl_system_glfw_GLFW_nglfwSetScrollCallback@24
   [Linker] org_lwjgl_system_glfw_GLFW.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _glfwJoystickPresent referenced in function _Java_org_lwjgl_system_glfw_GLFW_glfwJoystickPresent@12
   [Linker] org_lwjgl_system_glfw_GLFW.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _glfwGetJoystickAxes referenced in function _Java_org_lwjgl_system_glfw_GLFW_nglfwGetJoystickAxes@20
   [Linker] org_lwjgl_system_glfw_GLFW.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _glfwGetJoystickButtons referenced in function _Java_org_lwjgl_system_glfw_GLFW_nglfwGetJoystickButtons@20
   [Linker] org_lwjgl_system_glfw_GLFW.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _glfwGetJoystickName referenced in function _Java_org_lwjgl_system_glfw_GLFW_nglfwGetJoystickName@12
   [Linker] org_lwjgl_system_glfw_GLFW.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _glfwSetClipboardString referenced in function _Java_org_lwjgl_system_glfw_GLFW_nglfwSetClipboardString@24
   [Linker] org_lwjgl_system_glfw_GLFW.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _glfwGetClipboardString referenced in function _Java_org_lwjgl_system_glfw_GLFW_nglfwGetClipboardString@16
   [Linker] org_lwjgl_system_glfw_GLFW.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _glfwGetTime referenced in function _Java_org_lwjgl_system_glfw_GLFW_glfwGetTime@8
   [Linker] org_lwjgl_system_glfw_GLFW.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _glfwSetTime referenced in function _Java_org_lwjgl_system_glfw_GLFW_glfwSetTime@16
   [Linker] org_lwjgl_system_glfw_GLFW.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _glfwMakeContextCurrent referenced in function _Java_org_lwjgl_system_glfw_GLFW_nglfwMakeContextCurrent@16
   [Linker] org_lwjgl_system_glfw_GLFW.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _glfwGetCurrentContext referenced in function _Java_org_lwjgl_system_glfw_GLFW_glfwGetCurrentContext@8
   [Linker] org_lwjgl_system_glfw_GLFW.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _glfwSwapBuffers referenced in function _Java_org_lwjgl_system_glfw_GLFW_nglfwSwapBuffers@16
   [Linker] org_lwjgl_system_glfw_GLFW.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _glfwSwapInterval referenced in function _Java_org_lwjgl_system_glfw_GLFW_glfwSwapInterval@12
   [Linker] org_lwjgl_system_glfw_GLFW.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _glfwExtensionSupported referenced in function _Java_org_lwjgl_system_glfw_GLFW_nglfwExtensionSupported@16
   [Linker] org_lwjgl_system_libffi_LibFFI.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _ffi_prep_cif referenced in function _Java_org_lwjgl_system_libffi_LibFFI_nffi_1prep_1cif@40
   [Linker] org_lwjgl_system_libffi_LibFFI.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _ffi_prep_cif_var referenced in function _Java_org_lwjgl_system_libffi_LibFFI_nffi_1prep_1cif_1var@44
   [Linker] org_lwjgl_system_libffi_LibFFI.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _ffi_call referenced in function _Java_org_lwjgl_system_libffi_LibFFI_nffi_1call@40
   [Linker] org_lwjgl_system_libffi_LibFFIConstants.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _ffi_type_void referenced in function _Java_org_lwjgl_system_libffi_LibFFIConstants_ffi_1type_1void@8
   [Linker] org_lwjgl_system_libffi_LibFFIConstants.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _ffi_type_uint8 referenced in function _Java_org_lwjgl_system_libffi_LibFFIConstants_ffi_1type_1uchar@8
   [Linker] org_lwjgl_system_libffi_LibFFIConstants.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _ffi_type_sint8 referenced in function _Java_org_lwjgl_system_libffi_LibFFIConstants_ffi_1type_1schar@8
   [Linker] org_lwjgl_system_libffi_LibFFIConstants.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _ffi_type_uint16 referenced in function _Java_org_lwjgl_system_libffi_LibFFIConstants_ffi_1type_1uint16@8
   [Linker] org_lwjgl_system_libffi_LibFFIConstants.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _ffi_type_sint16 referenced in function _Java_org_lwjgl_system_libffi_LibFFIConstants_ffi_1type_1sint16@8
   [Linker] org_lwjgl_system_libffi_LibFFIConstants.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _ffi_type_uint32 referenced in function _Java_org_lwjgl_system_libffi_LibFFIConstants_ffi_1type_1uint32@8
   [Linker] org_lwjgl_system_libffi_LibFFIConstants.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _ffi_type_sint32 referenced in function _Java_org_lwjgl_system_libffi_LibFFIConstants_ffi_1type_1sint32@8
   [Linker] org_lwjgl_system_libffi_LibFFIConstants.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _ffi_type_uint64 referenced in function _Java_org_lwjgl_system_libffi_LibFFIConstants_ffi_1type_1uint64@8
   [Linker] org_lwjgl_system_libffi_LibFFIConstants.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _ffi_type_sint64 referenced in function _Java_org_lwjgl_system_libffi_LibFFIConstants_ffi_1type_1sint64@8
   [Linker] org_lwjgl_system_libffi_LibFFIConstants.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _ffi_type_float referenced in function _Java_org_lwjgl_system_libffi_LibFFIConstants_ffi_1type_1float@8
   [Linker] org_lwjgl_system_libffi_LibFFIConstants.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _ffi_type_double referenced in function _Java_org_lwjgl_system_libffi_LibFFIConstants_ffi_1type_1double@8
   [Linker] org_lwjgl_system_libffi_LibFFIConstants.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _ffi_type_pointer referenced in function _Java_org_lwjgl_system_libffi_LibFFIConstants_ffi_1type_1pointer@8
   [Linker] org_lwjgl_system_windows_GLFWWin32.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _glfwGetWin32Window referenced in function _Java_org_lwjgl_system_windows_GLFWWin32_nglfwGetWin32Window@16
   [Linker] org_lwjgl_system_windows_GLFWWin32.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _glfwGetWGLContext referenced in function _Java_org_lwjgl_system_windows_GLFWWin32_nglfwGetWGLContext@16
   [Linker] lwjgl64.dll : fatal error LNK1120: 87 unresolved externals

spasi

Could you try "ant -f update-dependencies.xml" and build again? If nothing changed, you could also try an "ant clean" followed by "ant" to do a full rebuild.

EnergyRay

Updated dependencies, and tried building again.

BUILD SUCCESSFUL
Total time: 38 seconds

0 tests failed, 0 skipped! :)

spasi

I have updated the Wiki and a previous post here with better instructions on how to build on Windows. Also removed some posts to keep this topic clean.

mtronics

I'm still having a problem with compiling the native code:

Ant Error:
(33, 1) D:\Users\XXXX\Downloads\lwjgl3-master\config\windows\build.xml:33: apply returned: 2

Also, it yells at me that it doesn't find "stdio.h" (apparently it has something to do with openCL)

What should I do?  ???  :(
I hope you can help me. ;)
-mtronics

spasi

Please attach the full build log.

mtronics

Here:

Also note: I installed visual studio 13 [express] and ran
vcvarsall.bat
with the
x86_amd64
parameter (maybe it matters?)

spasi

It seems like you're executing compile-native from inside IntelliJ. I honestly haven't tried that before, but it probably fails because vcvarsall.bat hasn't run in the context of the IntelliJ process. You have 2 options:

- Open a command prompt, run "vcvarsall.bat x86_amd64", then "ant compile-native".
- (untested) Modify IntelliJ's startup scripts to run vcvarsall before the IDE (see idea.bat in the bin folder of the IntelliJ installation).

Personally I use the command line, because I frequently have to do both x86 and x64 builds. I use a custom script that allows me to easily switch between the two (configures both the current JDK and calls vcvarsall with the appropriate argument).