[FIXED]Minecraft 1.25 vs. LWJGL 2.8.4(OpenAL32.dll)

Started by o0Julia0o, June 14, 2012, 17:14:18

Previous topic - Next topic

o0Julia0o

thx - the same problem with the #1196 build.

Matzon

from IRC:
Quote<KittyCat> hmm...
<KittyCat> the only change I can think of that would have an effect is that openal soft defaults to trying 32-bit float output instead of 16-bit int
<KittyCat> she mentions she's using XP with a real soundblaster card, so it's quite possible that directsound is giving her a real 32-bit float hardware buffer
<KittyCat> same with Elviz further down
<KittyCat> perhaps the hardware is not properly clamping float values to the -1..+1 range, causing overflow and distortion. though if that were the case, low AL_GAIN values that avoid loud output should work fine
<KittyCat> or maybe the drivers are setting a 32-bit int mode even though I'm specifically setting 32-bit float
<Mazon> is there an option to select 16 bit int ?
<KittyCat> using alsoft.ini, yeah. %AppData%\alsoft.ini, and specify:
<KittyCat> [general]
<KittyCat> sample-type = int16
<KittyCat> might be better for me to just disallow floats with dsound, though
<KittyCat> or only use it if specifically requested
<KittyCat> could also try doing  sample-type = int32  to see if the float32-accepted-as-int32 theory is right

Elviz

sample-type = int16 and sample-type = int32 both work. No distortion.

sample-type = float32, on the other hand, results in the same distorted sound as having no alsoft.ini at all.

o0Julia0o

"%AppData%\alsoft.ini" doesn´t find anything. I i search for alsoft.ini on my computer, i found nothing.

Matzon

Quote from: o0Julia0o on June 17, 2012, 09:58:43
"%AppData%\alsoft.ini" doesn´t find anything. I i search for alsoft.ini on my computer, i found nothing.
just create it :)

Matzon

Matzon

o0Julia0o

Thx. The drivers are up to date.  With Build #1197 it works. So - all o.k. for the future :) Thx! And what about OpenAL64.dll -> There´s only a #1193 Build: http://www.newdawnsoftware.com/jenkins/view/OpenAL/job/OpenAL-win64
Is the problem there fixed, too?

Matzon

that has already been build - so should be fine.

Matzon

pushed latest openal to nightly lwjgl builds too

o0Julia0o

Matzon

yeah - a bit confusing ... we rename it internally to OpenAL64.dll  ::)

princec

Talking of which I still have to rename OpenAL32.dll to OpenALSoft32.dll to avoid random f*ckups in the wild.

Cas :)

kappa

Quote from: princec on June 18, 2012, 07:38:48
Talking of which I still have to rename OpenAL32.dll to OpenALSoft32.dll to avoid random f*ckups in the wild.

Cas :)
Why not just use "-Dorg.lwjgl.librarypath" instead of "-Djava.library.path"? should pretty much avoid any problems like the above.