Hello Guest

OpenGL ES not in builds

• 1 Replies
OpenGL ES not in builds
« on: March 02, 2012, 10:11:25 »
Hi,

I checked the 2.8.3 release and the nightly builds. The opengles package in the lwjgl.jar is empty except 1 class. Most of the classes are missing.

Is this intentional? Please assist thanks.
High performance, fast network, affordable price VPS - Cloud Shards
Available in Texas, New York & Los Angeles
Need a VPS Upgrade?

Re: [BUG] OpenGL ES not in builds
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2012, 20:26:00 »
It's not very well documented, but here's how I got OpenGL ES working on Windows.

1) I followed the instructions to build angleproject from the source here: http://code.google.com/p/angleproject/wiki/DevSetup
2) I put libEGL.dll and libGLESv2.dll into the root of my Eclipse test project, because I couldn't get Java to get Windows to find these otherwise if they weren't in the working directory when running the project.
3) I downloaded LWJGL source code tagged with 2.8.3 from here http://java-game-lib.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/java-game-lib/ as a GNU tarball.
4) I unzipped the tarball into D:\LWJGL, because when I put it in my Documents folder the build script would fail because of too long command lines.
5) I unzipped Apache Ant to my Documents\Coding folder.
6) I created D:\set_paths.bat to make building LWJGL more convenient, here's the contents:
@echo off
SET ANT_HOME=C:\Users\timo\Documents\Coding\apache-ant-1.8.3
SET JAVA_HOME=C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jdk1.7.0_03
SET PATH=%PATH%;C:\Users\timo\Documents\Coding\apache-ant-1.8.3\bin;C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jdk1.7.0_03\bin

7) From step 1 I had Visual C++ 2008 Express Edition already installed, so I started Visual Studio 2008 Command Prompt as an Administrator because otherwise Visual Studio's paths wouldn't get set properly.
8) I executed the following commands:
d:\set_paths.bat
d:
cd \LWJGL
ant
ant jars_es
ant compile_native_es

9) I put jinput-dx8.dll, jinput-raw.dll, lwjgl.dll, OpenAL32.dll from \LWJGL\libs\windows next to the dlls from step 2.
10) I put lwjgl.jar and lwjgl_util.jar from \LWJGL\libs to libs in the test project, then added them to the project's build path.
11) I copied the source code package contents of org.lwjgl.test.opengles and org.lwjgl.test.opengles.util to the test project.
12) I ran org.lwjgl.test.opengles.Gears as a Java application.

If it works this is what you can expect to see:

GL RENDERER: ANGLE (AMD Radeon HD 6900 Series (Engineering Sample - WDDM v1.20))
GL VENDOR: Google Inc.
GL VERSION: OpenGL ES 2.0 (ANGLE 1.0.0.1057)
GL_SHADING_LANGUAGE_VERSION: OpenGL ES GLSL ES 1.00 (ANGLE 1.0.0.1057)
GL_EXTENSIONS = GL_OES_element_index_uint GL_OES_packed_depth_stencil GL_OES_rgb8_rgba8 GL_OES_standard_derivatives GL_OES_texture_half_float GL_OES_texture_half_float_linear GL_OES_texture_float GL_OES_texture_float_linear GL_OES_texture_npot GL_EXT_occlusion_query_boolean GL_EXT_read_format_bgra GL_EXT_robustness GL_EXT_texture_compression_dxt1 GL_EXT_texture_format_BGRA8888 GL_EXT_texture_storage GL_ANGLE_framebuffer_blit GL_ANGLE_framebuffer_multisample GL_ANGLE_instanced_arrays GL_ANGLE_pack_reverse_row_order GL_ANGLE_texture_compression_dxt3 GL_ANGLE_texture_compression_dxt5 GL_ANGLE_texture_usage GL_ANGLE_translated_shader_source GL_NV_fence

I've attached a screenshot of my project setup to hopefully make this clearer.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2012, 20:28:48 by timo.kinnunen »