Tilt Wheel?

Started by MWisBest, June 08, 2012, 13:34:51

Previous topic - Next topic

MWisBest

I was wondering if there is any way to access the tilt wheel on my mouse. It would be a very interesting feature for the project I'm currently working on. Thanks!

dangerdoc

Could you further explain what a "tilt wheel" is? If you mean the scroll wheel, then this code will return an integer value for you based on the movement:

Mouse.getDWheel();

Hope this helps!

dangerdoc

“We build but to tear down. Most of our work and resource is squandered. Our onward march is marked by devastation. Everywhere there is an appalling loss of time, effort and life. A cheerless view, but true.” - Nikola Tesla

CodeBunny

He means tilting the scroll wheel to the side. Some mice have support for this, though I've never used one.

I don't know how the LWJGL input back-end works, so I can't help you there. Sorry. :(

Fool Running

If he means tilting to the side, I think it would come as extra buttons on the mouse (but I'm not sure of that).

@MWisBest: Have you tried to get these values (i.e. tried to spit out the event values when you use the tilt wheel)?
Programmers will, one day, rule the world... and the world won't notice until its too late.Just testing the marquee option ;D