[RFE] X-axis mouse wheel input

Started by mattdesl, May 07, 2012, 20:50:56

Previous topic - Next topic

mattdesl

Right now LWJGL assumes all mouse wheel changes are up/down, i.e. along y-axis. It would be great for certain games and GUIs to allow for left/right mouse wheel input, i.e. along the x-axis. Is this possible with JInput?

Fool Running

Each application chooses how to handle the mouse wheel movements. I don't think you can just change something in LWJGL or whatever and get applications to treat it differently.
Programmers will, one day, rule the world... and the world won't notice until its too late.Just testing the marquee option ;D

CodeBunny

You mean pressing the mouse wheel towards the right or left, or a "scroll-ball" type of setup?

mattdesl

Currently LWJGL only reports "mouse wheel delta" -- i.e. it does not report mouse wheel direction.

Some mouse wheels are actually a ball that can be moved in any direction. Others are track pads; like finger swiping on a laptop or Mac magic mouse. This allows users to scroll up/down and left/right using the same input (ball/wheel/trackpad).

Seems to be a question of whether or not JInput would support direction for the mouse wheel...