[CLOSED] GLXBadWindow on exit (Ubuntu 12.04 / Xorg 1.11)

Started by snadge, March 08, 2012, 05:23:27

Previous topic - Next topic

snadge

Hi,

I get the following exception when exiting from Minecraft, on Ubuntu 12.04 (beta) with Xorg 1.11.  This occurs on two separate test systems, one with Intel GPU, and the other AMD/Radeon GPU with both fglrx and radeon driver.  It should be noted that I have tried updating the bundled lwjgl, with both the latest stable release, and the most recent nightly.

Exception in thread "Minecraft main thread" org.lwjgl.LWJGLException: X Error - disp: 0x7f9180035af0 serial: 40398 error: GLXBadWindow request_code: 154 minor_code: 32
            at org.lwjgl.opengl.LinuxDisplay.globalErrorHandler(LinuxDisplay.java:268)
            at org.lwjgl.opengl.LinuxDisplay.nDestroyWindow(Native Method)
            at org.lwjgl.opengl.LinuxDisplay.destroyWindow(LinuxDisplay.java:484)
            at org.lwjgl.opengl.Display.destroyWindow(Display.java:352)
            at org.lwjgl.opengl.Display.destroy(Display.java:967)
            at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.d(SourceFile:520)
            at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.run(SourceFile:681)
            at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:662)

I strongly suspect this is an issue which relates to an update within Xorg, however, I do not have any experience with Xorg, and haven't even got as far as determining why it is throwing this exception.  I have googled for this issue, and found that others have encountered this, and it has been reported on Mojang's forums without a response so far.  I have discussed this on the IRC support channel, and someone dug up some information from searching, that it could be related to an incorrect X configuration and/or a bad driver.  I'm starting to suspect that a Launchpad issue will probably need to be filed against the appropriate Xorg package in Ubuntu, but I would like some assistance in determining that with a higher degree of certainty.

Regards.

Matzon

Can you reproduce this issue on a non-minecraft, current lwjgl test?