Need more help on installation

Started by dangerdoc, April 28, 2012, 00:20:06

Previous topic - Next topic

dangerdoc

Hello,
I am making a java lwjgl 3-d game, and I want to use LZpack and GetDown in combination. When the person downloads the installer, it will download the latest version of the game and install it. Every time the person runs it, it uses getdown to update the app. How would I go about to doing this? I mainly need to know how to get lzpack to download the latest version, and where to integrate GetDown in the app.

Thanks,
dangerdoc
“We build but to tear down. Most of our work and resource is squandered. Our onward march is marked by devastation. Everywhere there is an appalling loss of time, effort and life. A cheerless view, but true.” - Nikola Tesla

RiverC

Looking at lzpack, you probably want lzpack to just get things like natives set up correctly, and then use getdown to do all of the updating. Minecraft, which has had a lot of success, gives you the launcher app which then connects to the update service; so your download/install is just the latest launcher - no upstream connection just a simple download, then the launcher would fire up getdown to update jars and things. I've been looking for a solution myself, I'll let you know if I find anything out about getdown.

dangerdoc

“We build but to tear down. Most of our work and resource is squandered. Our onward march is marked by devastation. Everywhere there is an appalling loss of time, effort and life. A cheerless view, but true.” - Nikola Tesla