Any Last Requests?

Started by princec, February 12, 2004, 09:05:33

Previous topic - Next topic

Orangy Tang

That'd be another good idea. :D

spasi

IIRC, this was proposed long time ago:

We should have a way to define an icon for the LWJGL window. Even in fullscreen mode, it looks ugly when minimized.

Was this considered & rejected, or simply forgotten?

Matzon

Somewhere between the forgetting, and actually writing the code that supports it - cross platform!

How would it be implemented? Display.setIcon, Display.create(..., icon) ?

spasi

I'd prefer a setIcon, if it's just a matter of code style. :wink:

princec

I vote for setIcon, and I'd like it to take a ByteBuffer containing a 32 bit RGBA image. Of some known size...?

Cas :)

Chman

I vote for setIcon(...) too :)

Chman

Matzon

yeah, well - I vote for setIcon too - but who's going to implement it ??? :p
anyhow - won't we need different sized icons, 16*16, 32*32, 128*128 for different platforms and so forth ?

Orangy Tang

Could you perhaps set a range of icons of different resolutions, and have LWJGL pick the one of the correct size? Possibly resizing an differently sized icon if none of the correct size was provided?

sq

GLU tesselation methods would be very very helpful...

WiESi

Why are there still the methods Keyboard.create() and Mouse.create()? I determined that it isn't necessary in newer versions to call this methods so it irritates me...

WiESi

elias

Quote from: "WiESi"Why are there still the methods Keyboard.create() and Mouse.create()? I determined that it isn't necessary in newer versions to call this methods so it irritates me...

WiESi

They need to be public in order to be called from Display since they're in a different package.

- elias

rwgedeon

Dunno if this has been mentioned...
In org.lwjgl.input.Mouse, the "absolute position" returned from getY() isn't consistent with the upper left origin, instead it returns it relative to the lower left. I have to put in (WindowHeight - Mouse.getY()) to get a proper position.

I don't know if it's possible for you guys to do it without also subtracting window height, which would equal no performance benefit. Still, I think it would be better for consistency's sake to match it up with the origin. I think two additional functions in Mouse would work, like getOriginX() (and Y), or maybe getRelativeX() (and Y).

Matzon

err - isn't the OpenGL origin lower left ?

Mr EEK

How come the GLU methods don't use Buffers like the GL* ones?

It's a bit of a fiddle using gluUnProject, since it requires float[][] for matrices that GL* return as FloatBuffers.

(With LWJGL at 0.98 and people with much more interesting things to do with their time, I'm not really asking for an API change ;))

Sorry to gripe  :D

P.S. I am liking LWJGL very much, thanks.

Fool Running

QuoteHow come the GLU methods don't use Buffers like the GL* ones?
I think GLU uses float[] because it is written in pure Java code while the GL ones are native c++ and thus require JNI buffers.
Programmers will, one day, rule the world... and the world won't notice until its too late.Just testing the marquee option ;D