Hello Guest

[FIXED] JAWT interface exception on Mac OSX with Java 7

• 38 Replies

Offline kappa

Re: [BUG] JAWT interface exception on Mac OSX with Java 7
« Reply #30 on: August 12, 2012, 15:56:54 »
Not sure what the current progress is however last I heard, UltraMoogleMan from #LWJGL was looking into it, if you do want to help best to liaise with him. As for what needs to be done, mostly the AWT part needs to be replaced with a pure Cocoa implementation.

« Reply #31 on: September 18, 2012, 09:07:15 »
I'm using a slick/lwjgl AWT game canvas inside a Swing container/UI. Does this mean I won't be able to use this AWT canvas in the future (since it will be cocoa based)?

Players of my game running Windows with jdk7 are running against this bug http://lwjgl.org/forum/index.php?topic=4217.0, but I'm on Mac and I'm trying to reproduce things and getting it work with openjdk 7 to reproduce it (since normal jdk 7 isn't supported for mac os x  10.6).

Maybe I should just throw away my mac instead.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2012, 09:09:09 by belzebub »

Offline kappa

« Reply #32 on: September 18, 2012, 09:20:38 »
nah, just the native display code will be written in cocoa, the AWT stuff should continue to work as normal (in fact AWT on OS X is internally also written in Cocoa).
« Last Edit: September 18, 2012, 10:42:45 by kappa »

« Reply #33 on: September 18, 2012, 10:40:26 »
Oh, great! I kinda misunderstood that :D

« Reply #34 on: November 26, 2012, 20:28:39 »
I'm in sore need of this as well. Any word on progress? I would look into this myself, if time were on my side. But it isn't.

It's pretty upsetting (damnation, Oracle!) considering I've just put in a day and half trying to figure out why my code won't run on OS X 10.8 with either Java 6 or Java 7... I first had to restructure from hybrid OpenGL 2 & 3 issues (which were non-issues under Win7) for OS X 3.2 core profile, and now I found out it was all in vain.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2012, 20:31:39 by Nick Wiggill »

Offline kappa

« Reply #35 on: November 26, 2012, 23:50:04 »
I'm in sore need of this as well. Any word on progress?
Yes, have a read of this thread.

« Reply #36 on: April 06, 2013, 18:31:25 »
Hi,

In the meantime, is there any workaround? I am trying to play Minecraft on Mac OS X 10.8 and the game just fails to start. Even after updating LWJGL used by Minecraft, the same problem persists. I cannot believe that every Mac user wanting to play Minecraft has now to install Windows or some flavor of Linux on their machine! Well, I am starting to believe many advanced users cannot live with just Mac OS X, which is too basic and restrictive (mainly GUI over-simplifying things), but I would like to dig further to be sure of that.

Offline kappa

« Reply #37 on: April 06, 2013, 18:36:52 »
This issue should be fixed now and will be part of the next LWJGL release (LWJGL 2.9.0), In the mean time try the nightly builds of LWJGL from here.

Anyway marking this as fixed, keep an eye on this thread for any remaining issues.

Re: [FIXED] JAWT interface exception on Mac OSX with Java 7
« Reply #38 on: January 15, 2015, 06:18:40 »
Hello,
I am Basilio and I am new in the forum.
I would like to know if the issue is solved with OSX and Java 7.
This is because I am trying to use vlcj for Java but I cannot get it to work.

Thank you very much for your help,
all the best,
Basilio