Title bar and multi window support

Started by tlf30, November 26, 2011, 00:55:14

Previous topic - Next topic

tlf30

I have never used netbeans debugger, how do I turn lwjgl on debug mod in netbeans

kappa

Quote from: tlf30 on January 26, 2012, 21:02:17
I have never used netbeans debugger, how do I turn lwjgl on debug mod in netbeans

*sigh*, its not Java code you need to be looking at but likely the native Windows API part.

tlf30

kappa

Well I'd start by writing a simple native application using the Windows API, something that just creates a window to see if it suffers from the same problem. Then I'd compare my simple program with how LWJGL creates the window to try narrow down the issue.

tlf30

Where will I find the window API? I have only used Swing when making GUI applications.

kappa

In that case you should ask one of the other developers on your team, maybe one of them knows C and has used the Windows API.

Also do stay open to the possibility that this isn't a bug with LWJGL but the Alienware Overlay, maybe try another theme?

tlf30

I'm the only one that has used C, but that was raw C for building an OS with assembly. I taught the rest of my team how to program, all they know is java. From looking at the lwjgl code it looks like the lwjgl.dll works with the windows system, there is probably somthing wrong in there, I just do not have a way to open it.

tlf30

Here is the title bar on a white and black background, as you can see there are transparent parts. Also attached is the theme it should be...

tlf30

When turning off the alienwre theme it works correctly. The theme is managed with: stardock my colors

tlf30

It looks as if only themes run by stardock my colors theme manager do not work.

CodeBunny

Does a JFrame have the correct look and feel, btw?

tlf30

CodeBunny

Then I would recommend that instead of messing around with native code, use Display.setParent. Its performance isn't particularly worse, and you have a fast solution to the problem. Explain to your team that it's the simplest reliable solution, and doesn't really have a downside. They're creating a restriction that is essentially pointless, and if they aren't strong programmers, they shouldn't be advising you on how to program.

Additionally, you can very easily port your game to an applet, if that is something you're interested in.

tlf30

Is there no way to download a stardock theme and look for the problem, a lot of people use stardock themes.

Simon Felix

Quote from: tlf30 on February 08, 2012, 06:39:24
Is there no way to download a stardock theme and look for the problem, a lot of people use stardock themes.

Sure. You can download free themes from here:
http://www.wincustomize.com/explore/objectdock/sort/popular
Download Cultris II, the fastest Tetris clone from http://gewaltig.net/