[RFE] Dynamic resizing

Started by princec, November 14, 2011, 15:44:56

Previous topic - Next topic

princec

When the mouse is used to resize the window, the application appears to "pause" rather than continuing to run. If you see what I mean.

Also, a call to setResizable(true) seems to be forgotten after a call to setDisplayModeAndFullscreen or setFullscreen.

Cas :)

Matzon

the pause thingy is a loooong standing issue that is not easily fixed, and happens in many programs (window enters own message loop when dragging window for instance).

kappa

also Windows specific, so shouldn't happen on Linux and Mac.

princec

So, does anyone know how to handle it?

Matzon

yes, you implement a timer to call your paint method while in this internal loop. I have tried to fix this - but never  comitted it.
The problem is that the paint logic all of a sudden will get called by another thread.

Matzon

Talked to Evil[1] on IRC about this ... will try and implement his fix tonight ...

princec

Running on another thread ain't ever going to fly I don't think... all manner of woes. Is your proposed fix going to stay in the same thread and do something cunning with posting events?

Matzon

my fix is within the same thread - if it flies, otherwise we're semi-screwed anyway

princec

There's gotta be a way to do it, coz there's loads of apps (including AWT!) that appear to be able to do it as it is.