Hello Guest

[FIXED] Display.setFullscreen(true); in LWJGL 2.8

• 7 Replies
[FIXED] Display.setFullscreen(true); in LWJGL 2.8
« on: October 11, 2011, 05:49:15 »
Hiya,

To get the mac fix I migrated to 2.8. Ever since the command Display.setFullscreen(true); doesn't make the applet go to fullscreen anymore in Windows 7 (tested both nvidia and ati). I'll try to figure out how to use the debug jar and see if some kind of output is created.

Mike

EDIT: using the lwjgl-debug isn't possible as it complains about opengles not being available (java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/lwjgl/opengles/PixelFormat and it is indeed missing in the jar but I'm not using opengles). Using -Dorg.lwjgl.util.Debug=true doesn't give any extra output.

EDIT2: Apparently System.out.println(Display.getDisplayMode().isFullscreenCapable()); returns false which is why it isn't switching anymore. This is where I got stuck looking through the code, I don't know what changed that could have caused it.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2011, 19:41:43 by kappa »

Offline kappa

Re: [BUG] Display.setFullscreen(true); in LWJGL 2.8
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2011, 10:00:35 »
just curious, is this issue specific to applets (Display.setParent()) ? or does the same issue apply to normal standalone Display window?

« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2011, 13:06:16 »
It only applies to Display.setParent(), I tried it with a standalone and it worked fine. There changed a lot of things in that part of the code since 2.7.1, any idea what caused it to break?

Mike

Offline spasi

• WebHotelier
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2011, 16:07:36 »
EDIT: using the lwjgl-debug isn't possible as it complains about opengles not being available (java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/lwjgl/opengles/PixelFormat and it is indeed missing in the jar but I'm not using opengles).

This will be fixed in the next nightly.

« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2011, 17:33:34 »
EDIT: using the lwjgl-debug isn't possible as it complains about opengles not being available (java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/lwjgl/opengles/PixelFormat and it is indeed missing in the jar but I'm not using opengles).

This will be fixed in the next nightly.

Thanks, let's hope I get more info using it :) The missis is getting grumpy about the game area being so small :P

Mike

Offline kappa

« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2011, 19:41:26 »
This should be fixed in svn now, do test next nightly build.

Re: [FIXED] Display.setFullscreen(true); in LWJGL 2.8
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2011, 22:35:43 »
Amazing job as always :) I will have a look tomorrow

Mike

Re: [FIXED] Display.setFullscreen(true); in LWJGL 2.8
« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2011, 13:46:42 »
It works great, thanks! This bug almost seems big enough to release a 2.8.1 by the way.

Mike