Hello Guest

[FIXED] Enhance native display window API

• 35 Replies
Re: [RFE] Enhance native display window API
« Reply #30 on: August 26, 2011, 12:28:39 »
Is there any news on this? My current project pretty much relies on the solidity of this implementation to work well heh >.<

The following are things I would really like to see added:

- The Maximize window function (Already mentioned this)
- A minimum size for the window

I believe those two additions would 'complete' the API for most developers needs.

« Reply #31 on: August 30, 2011, 16:06:40 »
Sorry for the double posts, but I thought this was worth it to report the bug:

- On the MAC, after the resize has occured all offsets seem relative to the ultimate top of the window (i.e. the top of the native UI bar). This gives the effect of hiding part of the GUI underneath it.

Liam

« Reply #32 on: August 31, 2011, 10:46:13 »
Can't you put it on a JFrame? Display.setParent will still work, you know.

Offline kappa

« Reply #33 on: September 21, 2011, 21:23:34 »
Sorry for the double posts, but I thought this was worth it to report the bug:

- On the MAC, after the resize has occured all offsets seem relative to the ultimate top of the window (i.e. the top of the native UI bar). This gives the effect of hiding part of the GUI underneath it.

Liam

Can you please clarify a bit more on exactly what the issue is here? I've had a look but not noticed anything odd in the resize behaviour, so not sure what the bug here is that you're reporting.

Offline kappa

« Reply #34 on: October 02, 2011, 23:32:59 »
The Resizing API is now complete as the last remaining implementation (for Linux) is now part of the nightly builds.

I'll mark this RFE as done as its ready for use. Any further features or API's should probably be a separate RFE to keep things simple and allow LWJGL 2.8 to go ahead.

Please do test and report any issues so that they can get fixed for the soon to be released LWJGL 2.8.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2011, 23:38:45 by kappa »

Offline princec

• Puppygames
Re: [FIXED] Enhance native display window API
« Reply #35 on: October 03, 2011, 10:02:14 »
Sweet! I'll have a go with the nightlies as soon as I can. Been holding off releasing an update of Revenge until 2.8 comes out :)

Cas :)