SWT strikes back

Started by fbi, January 08, 2004, 08:58:30

Previous topic - Next topic

fbi

Hi everybody,
it's always hard to come back form Xmas holiday but finally here I am  :?
Anyway I ended up the Windows version of the SWT-LWJGL version and you can grab the code from http://ant1.di.uniba.it/lwjgl/LWJGL_SWT.zip.
I'm currently working on the Linux version but there are TWO different Linux versions: Motif and GTK!
I would prefer having the GTK version ended ASAP instead of the Motif one...what do you think about it?

vrm

nice,

personnaly I use GTK SWT on linux, I'm not sure if anybody care of the evil motif those days  :twisted:

princec

Is Motif that evil ugly travesty of usability that's been around for years and years?

Which is the one that GNOME uses?

Why does K Desktop exist?

Agggh!

Why can't they just make up their bloody minds!!!

Cas :)

cfmdobbie

Quote from: "princec"Is Motif that evil ugly travesty of usability that's been around for years and years?

Well, I happen to think it's rather cute, but the answer you're probably after is "yes". ;)

QuoteWhich is the one that GNOME uses?

GTK.

QuoteWhy does K Desktop exist?

Competition?  Wheel-invention?  Sheer bloody-mindedness?

QuoteAgggh!
Why can't they just make up their bloody minds!!!

Too right, I mean look at JavaOpenGL, Magician, YAJOGLB, OpenGL4java, JavaGL, Tree, GL4Java, JoGL, LWJGL...
ellomynameis Charlie Dobbie.

Matzon

QuoteToo right, I mean look at JavaOpenGL, Magician, YAJOGLB, OpenGL4java, JavaGL, Tree, GL4Java, JoGL, LWJGL...
Agreed, they should all surrender to LWJGL  :wink:  :twisted:  :roll:

fbi

Yes...y'all too right about OpenGL bindings and I love LWJGL because it's the unique project, in my opinion, that tries to remain as close as possible to GL but not more, using Java features if useful.
But coming back to the Linux version I (luckily) will go on implementing the GTK version (luckily enough because I too hate that old Motif and use Gnome by default)  :D

fbi

As I was running short of time during these days I would like to know how much I time do I have to end the GTK version of the SWT binding to make it a part of the next release...  :D
Sorry for my delay but being a PhD is not that much of fun sometimes  :wink: