MySQL Database Connection -- Login

Started by Shazer2, April 25, 2011, 11:44:01

Previous topic - Next topic

Shazer2

I'm planning on making an RPG, and to start with I need to learn how a login using a MySQL database would work. I've had previous experience with PHP so I know most SQL commands and how to do a login with PHP so I'm guessing it will be a similar method although I don't know the commands for Java to pull from the database. I just need to know how to parse it with Java.

It needs to connect to a MySQL server, and that's basically that is all that is needed to know.

If you anyone can help, please leave a reply.

CodeBunny

Seeing as this is more of a database question, you'd be better set asking this on JavaGaming, StackOverflow, etc. This really doesn't interface with LWJGL at all.

Shazer2

Is that why you have a General Java Game Development section? What the hell is this meant for then?

Don't need the assistance anymore anwyay.

Matzon

well, in that sense, connecting to a database through jdbc isn't really a games development question ;)

CodeBunny

Quote from: Shazer2 on April 26, 2011, 01:55:27
Is that why you have a General Java Game Development section? What the hell is this meant for then?

Don't need the assistance anymore anwyay.

I was only trying to help - it seemed to me that more people on those boards would have more experience with what you're talking about.

Shazer2

Sorry for being crude, not needed anymore. Working on something else, will get back to it later.

Evil-Devil

Sry 4 bump this, but the last time I used the MySQL JDBC Connector, the enclosing readme and example files provided a good start for connection and simple sql commands.