cube mapping

Started by D3GAN, February 01, 2011, 22:30:21

Previous topic - Next topic

D3GAN

I try to add cube mapping to my project but i get one error that i dont know how to fix it
when i comment these few line every thing work fine but when they are in ...this error occur
"Exception in thread "main" org.lwjgl.opengl.OpenGLException: Cannot use offsets when Pixel Unpack Buffer Object is disabled"

GL11.glDisable(GL11.GL_TEXTURE_2D);
        GL11.glEnable(GL13.GL_TEXTURE_CUBE_MAP);
        GL11.glPixelStorei(GL11.GL_UNPACK_ALIGNMENT, 1);

GL11.glTexImage2D(GL13.GL_TEXTURE_CUBE_MAP_POSITIVE_X,0,GL11.GL_RGBA,20,20,0,GL11.GL_RGBA,GL11.GL_UNSIGNED_BYTE,temp.getTextureID());
        GL11.glTexImage2D(GL13.GL_TEXTURE_CUBE_MAP_NEGATIVE_X,0,GL11.GL_RGBA,20,20,0,GL11.GL_RGBA,GL11.GL_UNSIGNED_BYTE,temp.getTextureID());
        GL11.glTexImage2D(GL13.GL_TEXTURE_CUBE_MAP_POSITIVE_Y,0,GL11.GL_RGBA,20,20,0,GL11.GL_RGBA,GL11.GL_UNSIGNED_BYTE,temp.getTextureID());
        GL11.glTexImage2D(GL13.GL_TEXTURE_CUBE_MAP_NEGATIVE_Y,0,GL11.GL_RGBA,20,20,0,GL11.GL_RGBA,GL11.GL_UNSIGNED_BYTE,temp.getTextureID());
        GL11.glTexImage2D(GL13.GL_TEXTURE_CUBE_MAP_POSITIVE_Z,0,GL11.GL_RGBA,20,20,0,GL11.GL_RGBA,GL11.GL_UNSIGNED_BYTE,temp.getTextureID());
        GL11.glTexImage2D(GL13.GL_TEXTURE_CUBE_MAP_NEGATIVE_Z,0,GL11.GL_RGBA,20,20,0,GL11.GL_RGBA,GL11.GL_UNSIGNED_BYTE,temp.getTextureID());

is there any thing wrong?
how can i fix this error?

thank you for your time

pinkeye

Hey, im having similar problems trying to get an algebra system compiled on ubuntu. I looked at the package description and this is what caught my eye:

Quote"This library provides a pure software rasteriser; it does not provide
a direct rendering-capable library, or one which uses GLX.  For that,
please see libgl1-mesa-glx"

I can't get octave to run in "Native Rendering" ...although i have a graphics card.

...here is the package description for libgl1-mesa-glx (which also requires libgl1-mesa-dev):

"
QuoteThis version of Mesa provides GLX and DRI capabilities: it is capable of
both direct and indirect rendering.  For direct rendering, it can use DRI
modules from the libgl1-mesa-dri package to accelerate drawing.

This package does not include the modules themselves: these can be found
in the libgl1-mesa-dri package.

For a complete description of Mesa, please look at the
libgl1-mesa-swx11 package."

will update if this this works