[FIXED] Merge Links into Wiki

Started by jediTofu, December 08, 2010, 06:52:15

Previous topic - Next topic

jediTofu

Quote-Building LWJGL from source

I was going to write something up about this, but I couldn't figure out how to get it to work.  Someone who actually compiles/builds the source regularly will have to help, as there is virtually no documentation or hints.

Obviously, it uses ant.  I tried just running the default target, but it complains about missing Mac OS X files, which makes since because I'm on Linux currently.  Doing "ant -p" doesn't show any OS-specific targets.  Looking through build.xml, there are OS-specific targets, but I don't feel like searching for all of them and figuring out what needs to go first, etc.  It should just be shown in "ant -p" anyway.  I then tried running the ant build script in platform_build/linux_ant.  It then complained about missing C headers files I believe.  I have gcc (and g++), make, java, etc. all installed, so I don't know what else I would need to install and where.

Any help on this?
cool story, bro

kappa

Nice, just noticed that the front page side links now link to the wiki pages :)

btw just some thoughts:

1) The 'Installation' link points to the same place as 'Documentation', maybe it should be removed since its not technically the correct word and gives some newbies the impression that you actually manually install LWJGL on your computer, besides the 'Documentation' link on its own should be sufficient.

2) Front Page Introduction should be updated to reflect that OpenCL is now also support.

kappa

In order to chase the (never ending :)) goal to get the bug count to 0, i'll mark this as fixed as the links on the front page have now been amended to point to wiki.