Hello Guest

[FIXED] Deploying lwjgl to maven central repo

• 35 Replies
Re: [RFE] Deploying lwjgl to maven central repo
« Reply #30 on: October 05, 2011, 18:04:35 »
Mazon: I made a tiny huge bug in the last patch :-) the result was that it was forcing a snapshot version when the user didn't want to, this patch fixes that, sorry for the error.

« Reply #31 on: October 15, 2011, 18:50:33 »
I am happy to say, that I started the process to get lwjgl 2.8.0 into maven central :-)
Sadly I forgot that the first time you have to add a comment to a jira issue to ask them to enable the maven central sync so even though everything is done from our side, I don't think the release will reach maven central until monday or tuesday.

The process to make the release has some server side checks and the maven build that we had was failing some checks so I made a patch that should fix that in the future.

Mazon after applying the patch and if you make the 2.8.1 release, it would be useful if you could run:

ant maven-full -Doverridejinput=true

and save the file dist/lwjgl-maven-2.8.1.zip so that I can later perform the 2.8.1 release into maven central

the "-Doverridejinput=true" is used to prevent the build from aborting with this error caused by the difference in the jinput version between the regular lwjgl build and the declared maven dependency
Jinput version in project (2.0.0-b01) is different from the declared jinput version for maven (2.0.5) add -Doverridejinput=true as a command line option to avoid this check

thanks

« Reply #32 on: October 20, 2011, 01:34:43 »

Offline Matzon

Re: [FIXED] Deploying lwjgl to maven central repo
« Reply #33 on: October 20, 2011, 08:02:24 »
Thanks a ton for spearheading this ruben01!

I will make a front page entry on the site tonight (CEST) - please remind me

Offline kappa

« Reply #34 on: October 20, 2011, 08:46:18 »
<dependency>
    <groupId>org.lwjgl.lwjgl</groupId>
    <artifactId>lwjgl</artifactId>
    <version>2.8.1</version>
</dependency>

Don't know much about Maven, but just curious, is it normal for package names to be like the groupId "org.lwjgl.lwjgl" (i.e. lwjgl being mentioned twice instead of just "org.lwjgl") ?

Re: [FIXED] Deploying lwjgl to maven central repo
« Reply #35 on: October 20, 2011, 16:26:32 »
The choice I made when building this, was to take the groupId as ${organization}-${project} so in here it would be org.lwjgl as the organization and lwjgl as the project.

This is not too pretty on the eyes when the project shares the name with the organization, but I think it is still better and makes it nicer if you ever add other projects under the umbrella of lwjgl.org, examples of that could be, if you split the appletloader into a separate project from lwjgl so org.lwjgl.appletloader would be the groupId, or anything else you may want to do.

In maven projects are usually made of different artifacts grouped under the same groupId.

In our games we usually have for example

groupId: com.gemserk.games.thecodenameofthegame
artifactsIds: thecodenameofthegame-core, thecodenameofthegame-android, thecodenameofthegame-desktop

Personally I have seen both decisions even from the maven guys, having multiple projects all share the same groupId using it only as the organization or as a category of stuff like org.maven.plugins and all the artifacts from the different projects live under the same groupID. Or using the groupId as the organization + projectName.