[BUG] LWJGL crashes on other computers

Started by CodeBunny, December 12, 2010, 20:54:56

Previous topic - Next topic

CodeBunny

So, I'm working on a game and everything is running quite well on my laptop - I've exported it to an executable jar and it does fine on the desktop. However, when I try to run it on other computers, it crashes and I either get a black screen (before the JVM shuts down) or nothing shows up at all.

The way I have LWJGL find the native .dlls is I extract them from the jar into a new folder in the user directory. This still works - the directory is created and the .dlls copied, then program will get to the point where it starts loading images and then crashes.

The computers I'm testing on are Windows, 64 and 32. The one it works on is 32 bit.

I'm confused as to the cause of this problem. Does anyone have a clue? Do I have to install OpenGL on the computer or something?

jediTofu

I can test it if you want.  Are the Java versions the same?  Also, you can't run it from USB (if that's what you're doing).
cool story, bro

CodeBunny

I thought it might be outdated Java, but when I upgraded the versions it didn't work. And no, I copy the jar to the desktop first.

Really? Sure, you can have a look. Do you just want the jar or the source code as well?

jediTofu

Yes, just the jar is fine, but source code is also fine if you want to.  It prints out stack traces to the system output or logs them somehow, right?  Else, if there is an error, I can't really tell you what caused it.
cool story, bro

CodeBunny

It has all the standard LWJGL and Slick stack traces, and when I've checked for why it's not working I've seen logged output.

FYI, it's worked on a couple other computers, including a Mac, so it might just be that the computers I tried it on had the problem.

Let me get it together for you and I'll send you a version.

CodeBunny

So, what do you want me to send it to? I stripped it down a bit, it's 8 megs now.