Please add suggested workaround for VM bug 6539705

Started by Orangy Tang, December 05, 2010, 23:45:30

Previous topic - Next topic

Orangy Tang

I'm getting several reports of users hitting this VM bug: http://bugs.sun.com/view_bug.do?bug_id=6539705

Unfortunately the recommended workaround - explicitly calling loadLibrary("awt"), or Toolkit.getDefaultToolkit() - doesn't work as someone has already noted. Would one of you guys be able to put the jni workaround (in the last comment) directly into LWJGL?

Thanks.

Matzon

hmm, afaik we dont need this because we're explicitelt using the /delayload option when linking

Orangy Tang

Well that's very odd then, because I'm definitely getting reports which look *exactly* like that bug. :(

Matzon

can you possibly test on older versions ? - thinking that the CI may be interfering?

Orangy Tang

Quote from: Matzon on December 06, 2010, 11:23:02
can you possibly test on older versions ? - thinking that the CI may be interfering?
I can do a special build for one of my affected users, but obviously I can't ask them to try loads of versions. Have you got a specific lwjgl version you'd like me to try?

Also, what's the CI?

Matzon

CI = Hudson

I was just thinking about trying an old verson 2.2 for instance?

Matzon

Quote[12:24:35] <Diablo-D3> that thread that just popped up
[12:24:50] <Diablo-D3> isnt that the same one that happened on my app, and all I had to do was explicitly set DISPLAY=:0 to fix it?
[12:24:57] <Diablo-D3> (happens on headless opencl clients)

Orangy Tang

I may be being stupid, but what does DISPLAY:=0 mean in this context?