Hello Guest

In Development: Starfarer

• 36 Replies
Re: In Development: Starfarer
« Reply #30 on: May 02, 2011, 23:46:37 »
Are you against an open alpha? I downloaded the alpha, because I've been really very impressed with what I've seen and wanted to get a closer look, but apparently I need a key. Could I maybe receive one?

The game looks fantastic and very well designed. Incredible work, and I hope it does very well.

Thanks!

Well, let me put it this way - after about a year and a half of work and spending oodles of my own money to make things happen, I'd like to maybe, just maybe, make a little of it back :) In addition to getting player feedback, the alpha is also about financing continued development.

I'm not opposed to a free demo type of thing - in fact, you can count on a demo being out when the game is closer to being feature complete. That's probably going to be a while, though.

« Reply #31 on: May 04, 2011, 04:03:47 »
Ah, I see. I didn't get that it was a purchasable alpha, I thought it maybe was closed to particular people. My bad.  ::) And yes, it does look like you spent a lot of money and effort, and you deserve some reward for your efforts.

I have no problem with waiting for a bit. I'll keep my eye out for the demo.

Good luck with development.

« Reply #32 on: May 04, 2011, 13:27:45 »
I'm not so much into buying something blindly either so I'll await an open alpha/demo. Good luck with the sales! :)

Mike

« Reply #33 on: May 04, 2011, 15:29:36 »
Ah, I see. I didn't get that it was a purchasable alpha, I thought it maybe was closed to particular people.

Ahh, that makes sense. If that were the case, you would have been more than welcome to participate :)

I'm not so much into buying something blindly either so I'll await an open alpha/demo. Good luck with the sales! :)

That's perfectly understandable. Thank you!

« Reply #34 on: May 10, 2011, 23:08:42 »
Dominic from DIYGamer was kind enough to shoot a "First Look" style video of Starfarer. You can find it here. It's very nicely annotated and tells you a lot about the game.

Offline basil

« Reply #35 on: September 01, 2012, 22:01:12 »

« Reply #36 on: September 22, 2012, 22:26:36 »
Im still waiting for someone to make a game named "The Amazing Space Simulation Game" or "The ASS Game".
Anyway, the game looks awsome.