None of the LWJGL demos work

Started by Riven, July 09, 2010, 07:54:25

Previous topic - Next topic

Riven

Please fix it.

Probably somebody changed some package name.

Ciardhubh

lwjgl_test.jar (at http://lwjgl.org/jnlp/lwjgl_test.jar, the one in the nightly and 2.4.2 release are fine) misses everything but Space Invaders. There are no classes for the other tests (test package is missing), so they all throw a ClassNotFoundException.

Matzon

2.5 will be released soonish,its basically ready - but I think kappa is fixing some applet stuff, might want to get that in first.

kappa

Quote from: Matzon on July 09, 2010, 10:08:18
2.5 will be released soonish,its basically ready - but I think kappa is fixing some applet stuff, might want to get that in first.

yeh currently whats outstanding is:

1) AppletLoader: animated gif tearing due to timing - not sure there is an easy fix for this without going down the route of arrays of BufferedImages + custom timers to play gifs. Don't think this will make it for 2.5.

2) AppletLoader: proper caching system, I'm in the process of wrapping this up, this will allow appletloader to download only those files that have changed since last update.

3) LinuxDisplay: theres seems to be a problem with applet focus not releasing keyboard on ubuntu/gnome works fine on suse/kde. Will hopefully look at this on the weekend as this should be included in 2.5.

bobjob has made lots of nice recommendations for applets over in the other threads so will have a look at some of those too.

kappa

edit: animated gif tearing is now fixed :)

kappa

ok, done with all the above fixes :)

Matzon

great - no World Cup nor Tour de France today - might as well look into 2.5 tonight :)