Video guide

Started by poke1103, May 05, 2010, 19:13:13

Previous topic - Next topic

poke1103

Does anyone know if there are any video guides on lwjgl? It takes too long to figure it all out from the javadocs.. All I have found out at the moment is how to make a full screen window in lwjgl using the Display class. If there are no video tutorials/guides do you think one of you guys could make one?

Thanks this would be very helpful to know.

Fool Running

There aren't any video tutorials (I'm not sure what you could possibly show in a video that couldn't be shown in a written tutorial better), but there are LWJGL tutorials on the wiki: http://lwjgl.org/wiki/doku.php/lwjgl/tutorials/index.

Mostly LWJGL is just an OpenGL binding, so the OpenGL tutorials javalwjgl pointed out to you should help the most. :)
Programmers will, one day, rule the world... and the world won't notice until its too late.Just testing the marquee option ;D

poke1103

Are there any guides on how to add buttons and check if a keyboard button is pressed?

Matthias

If you just want to respond to keyboard or mouse input then take a look at the Keyboard & Mouse classes - they two kinds of interfaces: event based (next(), getEvent*) and polling.

What do you mean with buttons? If you want a GUI library try TWL

poke1103

Like if you press a button on the window I want it do open a message or something or change to the next page of the game.

delt0r

We can't write the code for you. We can't even read the javadoc for you. Why don't you try and get something working yourself. When you have specific questions, like why does this code give this error for example. Then we can help and we don't feel like we are wasting our time, since you put in some effort. 
If you want a plot read a book and leave Hollywood out of it.

Evil-Devil

Quote from: poke1103 on May 07, 2010, 19:34:39
Like if you press a button on the window I want it do open a message or something or change to the next page of the game.
You need some GUI api for that stuff. LWJGL just provides opengl binding. So its very low level stuff. All the high lvl stuff like a gui, display character models and so on have to be done by yourself. I guess the best for you is to use a gameengine like JMonkey which handles most stuff for you.

huafeihua116

i need some GUI api!! :D