Hello Guest

LWJGL 2.4.2 Released

• 30 Replies

Offline ryanm

Re: LWJGL 2.4.2 Released
« Reply #15 on: April 16, 2010, 10:20:50 »
Something I noticed with the XRandR class changes - the populate() call that happens on startup has been wrapped in a doPrivileged(), but setConfiguration() has not. They both use Runtime.exec, so I imagine they need the same level of privileged-ness.
Probably not a huge concern as it only happens at shutdown, mind.

Offline kappa

« Reply #16 on: April 16, 2010, 11:27:45 »
Something I noticed with the XRandR class changes - the populate() call that happens on startup has been wrapped in a doPrivileged(), but setConfiguration() has not. They both use Runtime.exec, so I imagine they need the same level of privileged-ness.
Probably not a huge concern as it only happens at shutdown, mind.

ah nicely spotted, guess the current fix was just to stop the applets from blowing up.
Will have an in depth look at this tonight. From a quick glance it seems that as you mention setConfiguration() needs a doPrivileged() and the populate() method in the getScreenNames().

doesn't look like anything severe though and can probably wait for the next release. Besides only effects linux when using unsigned jars with lwjgl.jar, i.e. the LWJGL applet distribution, your unlikely to change screen resolution with applets anyway.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2010, 11:32:19 by javalwjgl »

« Reply #17 on: April 16, 2010, 14:01:06 »
Thank you, it works now.

Re: LWJGL 2.4 Released
« Reply #18 on: April 21, 2010, 20:22:32 »
am I missing something ?

Code: [Select]
java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: Method org.lwjgl.openal.AL10.alEnable(I)V is not declared as native
        at org.lwjgl.openal.AL10.initNativeStubs(Native Method)
        at org.lwjgl.openal.AL.init(AL.java:158)
        at org.lwjgl.openal.AL.create(AL.java:140)
        at org.lwjgl.openal.AL.create(AL.java:104)

I'm having the same problem. I created a another workspace in eclipse and tried to run the Lesson1.java audio tutorial, but it did not fix the problem. The library path has been set.
Running on Win7 64bit.

Thanks,
Heinz

Offline ido

« Reply #19 on: April 26, 2010, 11:27:20 »
Is there an estimate on when the new version will be uploaded to http://lwjgl.org/jnlp/?

That would be a real help as the current one (I guess 2.4?) crashes on mac and linux.

Thanks for all the hard work!

Offline Matzon

« Reply #20 on: April 26, 2010, 18:49:46 »
Is there an estimate on when the new version will be uploaded to http://lwjgl.org/jnlp/?

That would be a real help as the current one (I guess 2.4?) crashes on mac and linux.

Thanks for all the hard work!

updated  - but broke the demos - assuming its a classpath issue due to the u19/u20 changes will look into that soon

Offline ryanm

« Reply #22 on: April 27, 2010, 12:00:33 »
am I missing something ?

java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: Method org.lwjgl.openal.AL10.alEnable(I)V is not declared as native

I'm having the same problem. I created a another workspace in eclipse and tried to run the Lesson1.java audio tutorial, but it did not fix the problem. The library path has been set.
Running on Win7 64bit.

Thanks,
Heinz

I had this too. It seems to be some evil lurking in Eclipse as running from the command line works fine. I'm not exactly sure what I did to fix it, but it was some combination of: cleaning the workspace, closing and opening projects, restarting eclipse, deleting and recreating run configurations.

Offline basil

« Reply #23 on: April 27, 2010, 20:07:29 »
am I missing something ?

Running on Win7 64bit.

Thanks,
Heinz

I had this too. It seems to be some evil lurking in Eclipse as running from the command line works fine. I'm not exactly sure what I did to fix it, but it was some combination of: cleaning the workspace, closing and opening projects, restarting eclipse, deleting and recreating run configurations.
sounds like what I had to do with netbeans too to get this fixed, tho' it looked like it was linked to the sources.

« Reply #24 on: May 07, 2010, 14:43:33 »
Me too:
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: Method org.lwjgl.openal.AL10.alEnable(I)V is not declared as native
        at org.lwjgl.openal.AL.create(AL.java:191)

I get this error when I use lwjgl-debug.jar instead of lwjgl.jar. Works fine when I use lwjgl.jar.

Maybe one of the checks introduced in the debug jar tries to call some native before it has been initialised? Then again I kind of hit a roadblock trying to find the cause as my JNI knowledge isn't that good and I couldn't find out which source is used for the debug jar.

On:
LWJGL 2.4.2 #255 (latest build at time of writing)
Ubuntu Linux 9.10 32 bit
JDK 1.6 u20

Offline spasi

• WebHotelier
« Reply #25 on: May 07, 2010, 17:04:55 »
Sorry about this, OpenAL's debug build broke when I removed error checking from the non-debug build. Fixed on the next nightly.

« Reply #26 on: May 28, 2010, 07:58:35 »
Thanks for the new version. I'm one of the developers that could upgrade without any problems whatsoever.

I really like the new convenience functions ("new: Updates to OpenGL methods to allow easier usage (support for single primitive input/output parameters)."). Makes my code a bit more readable.
Download Cultris II, the fastest Tetris clone from http://gewaltig.net/

Re: Problem with new version
« Reply #27 on: May 29, 2010, 09:59:43 »
stacktrace:

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.LinkageError: Version mismatch: jar version is '18', native libary version is '17'
   at org.lwjgl.Sys.<clinit>(Sys.java:103)
   at tutor.SysSnippet.main(SysSnippet.java:7)

The exception is thrown because DefaultSysImplementation#getJNIVersion()
return different value as the MacOSXSysImplementation.getRequiredJNIVersion(),
which is always 18. DefaultSysImplementation#getJNIVersion() is a native
method and it works.

i too got this error and found an old set of native libs in my /Library/Java/Extensions/ folder - replace these with the ones from the new download and you should be back in business

Offline kappa

Re: Problem with new version
« Reply #28 on: May 29, 2010, 10:28:21 »
i too got this error and found an old set of native libs in my /Library/Java/Extensions/ folder - replace these with the ones from the new download and you should be back in business

you should never put any natives, especially lwjgl ones in java /Library/Java/Extensions/ folder. its just the wrong way to do it.

Offline princec

• Puppygames
« Reply #29 on: June 07, 2010, 14:06:24 »
Just a quick q. - which version of OpenAL-Soft do we ship in 2.4.2?

Cas :)