Hello Guest

Applet problem in LWJGL 2.3

• 4 Replies
Applet problem in LWJGL 2.3
« on: March 10, 2010, 23:07:24 »
Hi,

I'm new in LWJGL... I tired applet loader demo and got this error message in java console:

Loaded image: jar:file:/home/varnado/my/dev/general/lwjgl/lwjgl_applet-2.3/applet/lwjgl_util_applet.jar!/appletlogo.png
Loaded image: jar:file:/home/varnado/my/dev/general/lwjgl/lwjgl_applet-2.3/applet/lwjgl_util_applet.jar!/appletprogress.gif
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: FloatBuffer is not direct

It should be easy to get it fixed but all I get is blank screen after applet loads, please help  :)
btw I use java jdk 6 update 18 on Ubuntu Linux

Offline Matzon

Re: Applet problem in LWJGL 2.3
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2010, 23:12:03 »
aye, a small bug slipped in - the one on lwjgl.org/applet works fine

« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2010, 23:30:19 »
aye, a small bug slipped in - the one on lwjgl.org/applet works fine

wow, thanks for fast reply. Does that mean I have to extract the correct applet from my browser cache  :) sorry for newbie question   

Offline Matzon

« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2010, 06:53:02 »
the bug is in the demo - not the "stuff" you acually need to create lwjgl applets, which is why I didn't release an update. That said - you can just get the nightly builds (but only if you dont need the signed part, since only official releases are signed).

« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2010, 09:40:04 »
the bug is in the demo - not the "stuff" you acually need to create lwjgl applets, which is why I didn't release an update. That said - you can just get the nightly builds (but only if you dont need the signed part, since only official releases are signed).

got it thanks mate  :)