[FIXED] xRandR and dual screens

Started by ryanm, February 28, 2010, 17:31:51

Previous topic - Next topic

delt0r

I was under the impression that using  AWT (as in the setParent way) didn't really support true dual full screen?

Or do you mean build dual+ monitor support from the AWT discovery api?
If you want a plot read a book and leave Hollywood out of it.

ryanm

Quote from: princec on March 04, 2010, 09:58:35
I think possibly the best official way to really support multimonitors is to use AWT which already has a pretty comprehensive display configuration API. LWJGL's Display is really designed for lightweight simplicity and aims for the common case of one simple display.

Cas :)

Unfortunately, AWT's display mode discovery on linux is a bit shit.

kappa

I think possibly the best official way to really support multimonitors is to use AWT which already has a pretty comprehensive display configuration API. LWJGL's Display is really designed for lightweight simplicity and aims for the common case of one simple display.

hmm, I'd have to say this wouldn't (or shouldn't) require any API changes. The simple Display should just work regardless of which monitor its on otherwise IMO its a bug with LWJGL. In theory we shouldn't have to do anything to get this working as it should be handled by the OS. I'm guessing we are creating/destroying Display in some non-standard way which causes the problems with mutliple monitors on windows and linux (above patch should fix it for linux though :))

Multiple monitors are becoming more common nowadays anyway with more and more video cards having multiple video outputs.

Matzon

Right, I will be adding this soonish - unless I get any complaints.

Light232

Quote from: javalwjgl on March 04, 2010, 12:03:22

hmm, I'd have to say this wouldn't (or shouldn't) require any API changes. The simple Display should just work regardless of which monitor its on otherwise IMO its a bug with LWJGL. In theory we shouldn't have to do anything to get this working as it should be handled by the OS. I'm guessing we are creating/destroying Display in some non-standard way which causes the problems with mutliple monitors on windows and linux (above patch should fix it for linux though :))

Multiple monitors are becoming more common nowadays anyway with more and more video cards having multiple video outputs.
Yes, that would explain ones wallet loosing its weight.

kappa

ohh nice, just noticed that the patch is now in the LWJGL nightly builds. Good stuff.

ryanm thx for the nice patch.

ryanm

<updates, removes -DLWJGL_DISABLE_XRANDR=true from run configurations, admires doc/CREDITS>
Scratching your own itch FTW! Cheers for including it Matzon!