applet loader problem: fatal error occured (2): multiple points

Started by cesarpachon, November 18, 2009, 15:33:32

Previous topic - Next topic

cesarpachon

hi! I had experiencing this problem with my applets, I already searched google and the forums and it seems to be something related to signing, but I am clueless about how to fix it..
fatal error occured (2): multiple points

Matzon

try 2.2.1

other than that, the error seems to not come from the AppletLoader - since it doesn't print "Multiple points" anywhere.

is there a stacktrace or some more info ?

cesarpachon

there is not stacktrace, in the java console only appears the text "Multiple points". as I saw in the forums other post with the text "fatal error occurred (X)" I assumed that has something to do with the loader. the other clue is that when I launch locally, from eclipse, it works fine. this only happen in the browser.

kappa

got a copy of your html code you are using?

or even better a link to a working example?

kappa

hmm, why do you have a <PARAM NAME="cache_archive" VALUE="..."> tag? you should remove that as it spoils the user experience by locking up the applet. You shouldn't need to use anyway.

also notice any thing wrong with this parameter

<!-- Version of Applet, important otherwise applet won't be cached, version change will update applet, must be int or float -->
<param name="al_version" value="0.6.2">

*hint read comment* :)

cesarpachon

hi! I had upload the html file with your two recomendations, and IT WORKS! thanks a lot!  :)

kappa

also do upgrade to lwjgl 2.2.1, its contains lots of fixes for applets.

indexunknown

my applet also gives that null error after i load it in browser second time:

http://www.hot.ee/testgame/appletloader.html

Reading certificates from 11 http://www.hot.ee/testgame/lzma.jar | C:\Documents and Settings\User\Application Data\Sun\Java\Deployment\cache\6.0\0\1e1644c0-52602e45.idx
Fatal error occured (5): null
java.lang.NullPointerException
   at org.lwjgl.util.applet.AppletLoader.validateCertificateChain(AppletLoader.java:1142)
   at org.lwjgl.util.applet.AppletLoader.extractNatives(AppletLoader.java:1118)
   at org.lwjgl.util.applet.AppletLoader.run(AppletLoader.java:630)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

kappa

Quote from: indexunknown on November 19, 2009, 18:09:21
my applet also gives that null error after i load it in browser second time:

http://www.hot.ee/testgame/appletloader.html

Reading certificates from 11 http://www.hot.ee/testgame/lzma.jar | C:\Documents and Settings\User\Application Data\Sun\Java\Deployment\cache\6.0\0\1e1644c0-52602e45.idx
Fatal error occured (5): null
java.lang.NullPointerException
   at org.lwjgl.util.applet.AppletLoader.validateCertificateChain(AppletLoader.java:1142)
   at org.lwjgl.util.applet.AppletLoader.extractNatives(AppletLoader.java:1118)
   at org.lwjgl.util.applet.AppletLoader.run(AppletLoader.java:630)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

seems to work fine for me, what OS + browser + jre version are you running?

indexunknown

The point is it fails the second time i load it and i have to clear java cache and such before it works again.

XP sp3, firefox latest version, java  1.6.0_15-b03

Matzon

try and step debug and see whats going on (remote attach to applet, you need to add some options in the control panel for applets - something like: -Xdebug -Xnoagent -Djava.compiler=NONE -Xrunjdwp:transport=dt_socket,server=y,address=3999,suspend=n) then attach with your favorite debugger to port 3999

indexunknown

I found out that if i don't store the lwjgl certificate then it works all the time, but if i have accepted the cert then the second time i load the applet it messes up with validating the certs somewhere in the AppletLoader.java:1142 as in the stack trace can be seen.

Matzon

may be because the certificates get stripped or something? - very strange.

Matzon

Certificate[] certificate = AppletLoader.class.getProtectionDomain().getCodeSource().getCertificates(); seems to be null if you have pre-approved the certificate - odd... investigating, not sure if its a bug or not