MacOS 10.3 and keyboard buffer

Started by Jeramie, October 27, 2003, 20:57:40

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeramie

On MacOS 10.3, I'm getting some weird keyboard behavior from the buffer. LWJGL correctly reports the correct Keyboard.key and Keyboard.state; but the Keyboard.character only works correctly when two keys are pressed nearly at once, and then only the higher key reports it's character correctly (ie, pressing A/S together will only result in the S Keyboard.character coming out correctly). Otherwise, the Keyboard.character is null.

Jeramie

Loaded in the debug version of the Mac library today. It reports:

UnsupportedCould not get unicode char count
Could not get unicode char count
Could not get unicode char count

- Hicks

Jeramie

The "Unsupported" appears to be caused by the attempt to adjust the thread priority level, so no worries there.

princec

Thanks Jeramie, Elias is working on getting that keyboard bug fixed and that's a great lead.

Cas :)

elias

Jeramie

Closer but not quite yet... the character is correctly returned on key up now, but the key down behavior is still the same (only returns the latter character when two are pressed simutaneously). Still reporting the "Could not get unicode char count" error.

elias

Well, the error is ok now - I simply revert to fetching ascii characters instead. And that works. However, I'm at loss at why key down is broken like that. I could disable translation for key down events, but that seems quite counterproductive - translated keys normally appears at key down.

elias

Ok, try this brand new build with yet-another-translation-method(tm) builtin:

http://odense.kollegienet.dk/~naur/liblwjgl.jnilib

- elias

Jeramie

Looks like that last one fixed it, much obliged. Our development is now live on Macintosh too :-) Ya'll are the best.