applet: al_version problem?

Started by lainmaster, August 06, 2009, 01:44:07

Previous topic - Next topic

lainmaster

Hey, I managed to get everything pretty much working. I didn't like waiting for the applet to load every time, so I added the al_version=1 thing, and it worked fine (loaded instantly). I don't remember it I tried it again after than. Then, I turned off the computer and left. When I came back, I tried to open the applet page... and... right after the Warning - Security dialog pops up (about my signed thing being not validated) java seems to freeze. The dialog is open, but it won't react to any input. IE or Firefox won't respond, but if I kill the java process, they go on normally. Tried it both in Windows XP and 7. When that happens, before killing the java process, if I right click on the java icon in the tray bar, the normal menu pops up, but if I click any option, nothing will happen, and if I right click it again, the menu won't pop up. I guess it's actually the whole java that freezes.
I tried incrementing the al_version, and it worked fine the first time, but when it was going to load it again, same thing happened again.
I think if I put no al_version, it will work fine.

Any help? :/

The jar is signed.
I'm using Display.setParent and a normal Canvas.
Seems to work perfectly for me and at least two more computers if I don't put al_version.

kappa

be sure to check that you don't don't have multiple certificates in your jars, this problem is known to happen with java if your jars have more than one certificate.