Hello Guest

a new "special" person joins in!

• 7 Replies
« on: October 15, 2003, 16:51:40 »
Okay - I am using Linux with Net Beans 3.5.1 and have just seen this lwjlg thingy and and intrigued into if it is any good - if so, I may use it for my final year project as part of my Degree.

Thing is - I cant get it to work! lol.. I have copied the "lwjgl.jar" file into my java folder and added it into NetBeans and it compiles with no errors (that alone only took me 1 hour!) However, on running the program I get the follwing error:

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: no lwjgl in java.library.path
        at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibrary(ClassLoader.java:1491)
        at java.lang.Runtime.loadLibrary0(Runtime.java:788)
        at java.lang.System.loadLibrary(System.java:834)
        at org.lwjgl.Sys.initialize(Unknown Source)
        at org.lwjgl.Sys.<clinit>(Unknown Source)
        at org.lwjgl.Display.<clinit>(Unknown Source)
        at RainingDay.init_lwjgl(RainingDay.java:135)
        at RainingDay.<init>(RainingDay.java:74)
        at RainingDay.main(RainingDay.java:466)

I read somewhere that this can be caused if I dont compile it.. Now, from a complete newbie at work here for this and a pretty much begginer at Linux - what EXACTLY do I have to do?

I can normally figure things out myself by pointing, clicking and analysing the result (as either "IT WORKS!! HELL YEAH!!" or "Oh *expletive* " ).

So - to sum up my post - how the heck do you install this thing! lol

Nick
or every back there is a knife

« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2003, 17:08:47 »
:) click me

Basically, you need to pu liblwjgl.so (and his brothers) into your java path :)

It runs!!
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2003, 17:27:08 »
Its alive!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2003, 19:38:49 »
If you don't like installing the binaries system-wide, you can place them anywhere you like and use -Djava.library.path=./lib to point to them.
ellomynameis Charlie Dobbie.

« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2003, 18:07:38 »
Portability question now..

I am developing my final year project now in this language and would like to say first: It rocks!! I spent an entire summer holiday (about 4 months) with concerted effort on J3D.. and got NOWHERE.. in one night between me and a mate managed to grasp the basics in this language!!

Now, I am making my project in Linux as I want something stable and fast.. However,  my friends tend to use Windows and if I want to run it on their PC, do I have to install the DLL files and lwgjl.jar onto their PC?

I made a JAR file up with just my two classes and when I ran it on my PC, it couldn't find the lwjgl.jar classes so I have added the lwjgl.jar classes into my JAR file.. However, when he runs it he said he got a fatal exception or something.. implying to me he might need the DLL files..

If so - is it possible to dump the DLL's into my JAR file too?

Thanks

Nick

Offline elias

• http://oddlabs.com
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2003, 19:38:39 »
You can stuff themm in a jar and use java web start. That way it will be easy to run nin linux and win32 alike.

- elias

Slight problem alert
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2003, 13:37:00 »
I have just tried to run lwjgl on my Uni PC's.. Unfortunatly, my uni does not grant any of its user Admin privaledges, meaning I cannot copy the JAR file or the Windows DLL files into the JDK folder.

In a thread about this - someone mentioned setting the class path. I tried that line and get some java error about class not defined error. Eventually I got
javac -classpath 'M:\Project'
to work. Unfortunately - it still wont compile.

What exactly do I have to do to get this to work? Is there ANY way I can just dump the DLL's and the JAR file and my java/clas files in one folder and run Java with some kind of arguement?

Thanks for all your help peeps..

Nick

BTW: Just so you lot know - I'm making a networkable Air Hockey game.. Its looking "ok" right now - I need to work on lighting.. If anyone has any usefull working tutorials on Lighting in LWJGL I would GREATLY appreciate them!!

Nick[/quote]

oops
« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2003, 13:48:13 »
Okay - I just found someone's reply from another post that fixed it..

http://puppygames.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=208&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

I just had to make a few batch files ;-)

Thanks again guys..

But the offer still stand for anyone who knows of any working LGJWL 0.7 Lighting Tutorials.. I have tried some - but my brain went "pop".. ;-)

Cheers!

Nick