Hello Guest

Incompatible magic value 1013478509 class file org/lwjgl/util/applet/AppletLoade

• 4 Replies

Offline AGP

I don't get it. Why am I getting this error? Is it a security thing?

java.lang.ClassFormatError: Incompatible magic value 1013478509 in class file org/lwjgl/util/applet/AppletLoader
   at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass1(Native Method)
   at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass(Unknown Source)
   at java.security.SecureClassLoader.defineClass(Unknown Source)
   at sun.plugin2.applet.Applet2ClassLoader.findClass(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
   at sun.plugin2.applet.Plugin2ClassLoader.loadCode(Unknown Source)
   at sun.plugin2.applet.Plugin2Manager.createApplet(Unknown Source)
   at sun.plugin2.applet.Plugin2Manager$AppletExecutionRunnable.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
Exception: java.lang.ClassFormatError: Incompatible magic value 1013478509 in class file org/lwjgl/util/applet/AppletLoader

Offline kappa

you probably compiled your jars for a higher version of java then its trying to run on. for example your applet is compiled for java 1.6 and your trying to run it on java 1.4.

Offline AGP

That's very odd, since the only version of both the JDK and the JRE that I'm running is 1.6.0u13. Is it perhaps on the server side (I wouldn't think so)?

Offline kappa

hmm, some googling of the issue reveals this thread http://forums.sun.com/thread.jspa?threadID=640927 maybe it'll help.

Offline AGP

Thanks for your suggestion. Progress: now I'm getting the following error (with a misspelled "please"):
"An error occurred while loading the applet.
Please contact support to resolve this issue.
Fatal error occurred (5): Corrupted pack file: magic/ver = 3C68746D/62.108 should be CAFED00D/150.7 OR CAFED00D/160.1"