Polygon tessellation

Started by MarkFromMars, April 04, 2009, 00:26:38

Previous topic - Next topic

MarkFromMars

It looks like polygon tessellation support for the GLU wrapper has been a long standing request...

http://lwjgl.org/forum/index.php/topic,1568.msg9947.html#msg9947

My visualization team at NASA sure would like to see this implemented in the next LWJGL release.  Currently to fill polygons we load all of JOGL into our application just to use their tessellation implementation to fill polygons.  in the spirit of LWJGL minimalism, we'd prefer to use only LWJGL :)

On the IRC channel, kevglass was nice enough to look at the JOGL code for a few minutes, and his thought was that it would be difficult to simply copy and paste it into LWJGL.

As challenging as it may be, it sure would be nice to reduce our application footprint by the size of JOGL :)

My compliments to the LWJGL development team for all their hard work on this amazing product.

Matzon

well, I am all for it - just not sure what work is required. At least the java parts look relatively ok - its the native part that I need to see - which requires me to create the glue stuff... kev was asking around on IRC so I'll just see what he is doing with it (he could just be asking out of interrest.)