Invalid framebuffer operation (1286)

Started by Mago_Pagliaccio, March 24, 2009, 21:00:54

Previous topic - Next topic

Mago_Pagliaccio

Hello everyone!
I'm developing a game using lwjgl, and now I'm trying to compile it on another machine.
I get the error:
org.lwjgl.opengl.OpenGLException: Invalid framebuffer operation (1286).

If I go back on the log, I see:
24-mar-2009 20.56.14 class com.jme.renderer.lwjgl.LWJGLTextureRenderer render(Spatial, Texture, boolean)
GRAVE: Exception
java.lang.RuntimeException: FrameBuffer: 1, has caused a GL_FRAMEBUFFER_UNSUPPORTED_EXT exception
at com.jme.renderer.lwjgl.LWJGLTextureRenderer.checkFBOComplete (Unknown Source)
etc etc...

I've searched on the Internet, and I've found this http://oss.sgi.com/projects/ogl-sample/registry/EXT/framebuffer_object.txt that links this error with 'framebuffer completeness', but the project is the same on both machines, so I don't understand what the problem is.

Any idea?

Thank you very much!

Kai

Hi,

it seems that the graphics card on "the other" machine does not support something, JMonkey Engine wants to do with FBOs. This can be due to an internal texture format that is not supported.

Question no. 61 in the mentioned FBO extension specification states the following:
QuoteAlthough GL defines a wide variety of internal formats
                for textures and renderbuffers, some implementations may
                not support particular combinations of internal formats
                for the images attached to the framebuffer.  For a
                framebuffer with these unsupported combinations of
                internal formats, calls to CheckFramebufferStatusEXT()
                will return FRAMEBUFFER_UNSUPPORTED_EXT.

So you might want to use some kind of workaround, if you can, to avoid this error.

By the way: The error is not related to "compiling" the project anyhow. It just says that the OpenGL-Driver in use reported an error while trying to perform an operation that is not supported in that way.

Mago_Pagliaccio

You are right, it is not a compile-time error, but it depends on the actual workload of the machine.
I've tried again the next day, and without changing anything, the projet worked!
Thank you!