LWJGL 2.1.0 Released!

Started by Matzon, March 23, 2009, 20:04:44

Previous topic - Next topic

Matzon

• AppletLoader: incorrect speed calculation
  • OpenAL: oal-soft 1.7.411
  • OpenAL: missing @OutParameter on alSourceUnqueueBuffers
  • OpenGL: Added support for glNamedBufferDataEXT(int buffer, long size, int usage)
  • All: Added Display.setDisplayModeAndFullscreen(mode) to switch mode and set fullscreen in one call
  • All: Renamed DisplayMode.isFullscreen() to DisplayMode.isFullscreenCapable and made it public
  • Linux: ATI mesa drivers issue
  • Linux:  Improved focus handling for Display.setParent()
  • Windows: 64bit lwjgl & OpenAL

https://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=58488&package_id=54362&release_id=670417

Remember to donate ;)

elias4444

As always...

THANK YOU!!!!!
=-=-=-=-=-======-=-=-=-=-=-
http://www.tommytwisters.com

lamster

Thanks for the update.  I'm using alSourceUnqueueBuffers with LWJGL 2.0.1 -- what are the ramifications of the @OutParameter change?  Do I need to update to avoid a memory leak or other nastiness?

Matthias

When you used direct buffers with this method then it always worked ok. But when used with a wrapped int[] then the returned data was not copied back into the int[].

Ciao Matthias

numberR

Fool Running

Congratulations on the new release.  8)
Keep up the good work.

EDIT: Why isn't this topic stickied?  ;D
Programmers will, one day, rule the world... and the world won't notice until its too late.Just testing the marquee option ;D

n.o.p

What exactly is oal-soft? Software emulation for OpenAL?

Matzon

It's a software only implementation that does not rely on DSPs. It does rely on direct sound on windows - so some hardware optimizations may occur. The actual processing of effects and so on are done in software. The end result is that it works the same across all platforms - unlike creatives - at the cost of a performance hit (insignificant by most).

n.o.p

Ok. But what will happen under Vista for Creative card owners? Doesn't Creative install the Alchemy-Wrapper which redirects Direct Sound to OpenAL? So they would have OAL-Soft Wrapper -> DirectSound -> Alchemy Wrapper -> OpenAL -> Hardware ?

elias

Quote from: n.o.p on May 02, 2009, 18:01:46
Ok. But what will happen under Vista for Creative card owners? Doesn't Creative install the Alchemy-Wrapper which redirects Direct Sound to OpenAL? So they would have OAL-Soft Wrapper -> DirectSound -> Alchemy Wrapper -> OpenAL -> Hardware ?

I don't know about Alchemy Wrapper, but if you're worrying about performance, please don't :) It's my bold claim that you could add a dozen of layers to al* calls and you won't notice it at all. What matters (a tiny bit) is where and how the mixing is done, and that's only done once.

- elias

n.o.p

All right, thanks for the explanation.

neakor

this might be a stupid question. but i couldnt find any info on the website.

so, with this 2.1.0 release, lwjgl is officially up to opengl 3.0? or 3.1?

thx in advance!

btw, great job!