SetDisplayMode in fullscreen

Started by Aivi, December 29, 2008, 10:15:41

Previous topic - Next topic

Aivi

Hi,
if i set display mode in fullscreen its going to crash.I try set fullscreen to false and after set display mode, but it crash too.
If i set fullsceen to false and wait few (mili)sekunds and set it, it work fine.Why?I want set it immediately.
Have anybody better solution? THX

Aivi

Sorry for this topic, but it do some display modes, which my monitor cant display in fullscreen.But its only 800x600 and native is 1024x768. And if i set resolution 800x600 at start i can set all display modes, its curious.

princec

Broken drivers.

What's the OS / video card / driver version?

Cas :)

Aivi

Its not important, its fine if i set resolution 800x600 at start, and after i set 1024x768 and if i need back to 800x600 its without crash.But i dont understand why.I have WinXP, ATI Mobility graphic.

princec

We won't understand why either, if you don't tell us what OS/GPU/drivers you have!

Cas :)

Aivi

I already know, if i set display mode at start with BPP 32b i cant change it to display mode which has 16b BPP in fullscreen.So if i want use all display modes i must choose display mode with 16b BPP and after i can change it to 32b, but for games be enought 16b.

princec

Evil-Devil

Quote from: Aivi on December 30, 2008, 15:19:19
I already know, if i set display mode at start with BPP 32b i cant change it to display mode which has 16b BPP in fullscreen.So if i want use all display modes i must choose display mode with 16b BPP and after i can change it to 32b, but for games be enought 16b.
*bump*
Just give Cas the information he is asking for, then he might be able to create a patch. Maybe its a general problem, so just give him the info he likes to know ;)

Quote from: CasI give up.
Me not ;)