Hello Guest

LWJGL Eclipse Update Site

• 33 Replies
Re: LWJGL Eclipse Update Site
« Reply #15 on: September 28, 2009, 01:37:43 »
I also created a plug-in that adds a LWJGL Classpath container for Java projects. This makes it much easier to set up LWJGL projects, just select Add Library -> LWJGL Library -> check optional libs if you want to (lwjgl_util, lwjgl_util_applet, jinput, AppleJavaExtensions?) and the library is added to the Java Build Path, with attached sources (if available) and native file location.

However, I'm unable to build this with ant4eclipse (somewhy it doesn't resolve org.eclipse.jdt.ui) so I'm not sure how this could be added to LWJGL build. Maybe as a binary in SVN?

Was able to build it with Eclipse 3.4.2. The problem was with 3.5.0 and 3.5.1. I think 3.4.2 is a sensible requirement anyway so it makes sense to build with that actually.

There are still a few more details to work on, I'll attach a complete patch when I'm done.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2009, 02:26:38 by Villane »

Offline Matzon

« Reply #16 on: September 28, 2009, 18:58:47 »
I am leaning towards giving you svn commit access - if you want to maintain the eclipse-update section?

« Reply #17 on: September 28, 2009, 19:40:42 »
I am leaning towards giving you svn commit access - if you want to maintain the eclipse-update section?
Thanks, I'd be glad to do that. My SourceForge.net username is villane, same as here

Offline Matzon

« Reply #18 on: September 29, 2009, 07:03:04 »
btw, I recommend visiting #lwjgl on freenode - a lot of discussion occurs there (sometimes on topic!) ;D

Offline Matzon

« Reply #19 on: September 29, 2009, 18:03:00 »
access granted

« Reply #20 on: November 25, 2009, 19:34:28 »
access granted

Sorry for disappearing for a while. I was rather busy with day job and stuff, but I'll get back to this in a couple of days.

Offline Matzon

« Reply #21 on: November 25, 2009, 20:43:25 »
np

Offline rhk

« Reply #22 on: January 13, 2010, 17:03:38 »
access granted

Sorry for disappearing for a while. I was rather busy with day job and stuff, but I'll get back to this in a couple of days.

Has there been any progress on this? If you're too busy to finish it, I'd be willing to take a look. The packaging issues for LWJGL in Eclipse are causing me headaches, and I'd be happy to make those headaches go away.

Offline Matzon

« Reply #23 on: July 16, 2010, 11:21:36 »
This is no longer being maintained ...

« Reply #24 on: September 09, 2010, 19:02:38 »
This is no longer being maintained ...

Um...is there any reason that the website had to actually be removed though?! Our projects have automated build dependencies on these which are now all broken. :o Is it possible to put this back up please, or at least provide a zip file somewhere?

Offline Matzon

« Reply #25 on: September 09, 2010, 20:29:41 »
http://lwjgl.org/forum/index.php/topic,3441.0.html
Unfortunately, I do not have that package lying around - so there is little I can do about it.

The actual script that does the work is still in svn, maybe someone can update to make it work with 2.5?

« Reply #26 on: September 10, 2010, 13:59:41 »
http://lwjgl.org/forum/index.php/topic,3441.0.html
Unfortunately, I do not have that package lying around - so there is little I can do about it.

The actual script that does the work is still in svn, maybe someone can update to make it work with 2.5?

Thanks for the SVN link. Right now, I don't really care about 2.5, I'd just like the existing dependency on 2.2.1 to work. It's looking like I'll just need to do the build on my own and put it up somewhere besides the LWJGL site where I know it isn't going to disappear suddenly.

re: making it work with 2.5, the build instructions seem quite straightforward so it is really a matter of integrating that with whatever build system you're using.

http://java-game-lib.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/java-game-lib/trunk/LWJGL/eclipse-update/org.lwjgl.eclipseplugins/readme.txt?revision=3163&view=markup

I suppose there are a number of things that might be useful here, including library support and making the binaries into real Eclipse plugins, i.e. with jars unpacked at top-level. I'll mention it to Jens and see if he thinks it is worth maintaining but it may be that we want to stick with the current binaries.

« Reply #27 on: September 10, 2010, 14:08:05 »
Oh, I'm sorry, I see that you just had a hard drive crash and lost a bunch of files. I thought that this had just been deleted willy nilly. If you'd like help getting the LWJGL update site back up and on LWJGL let me know. Are you using Hudson or anything like that for automated builds?

Offline Matzon

« Reply #28 on: September 10, 2010, 15:01:07 »
We are using hudson for nightly builds: https://www.newdawnsoftware.com/hudson/view/LWJGL/

It would be nice if the existing plugin-generator could be updated to support 2.5

Technically, I think I should be able to create the 2.2.1 release, based on the SVN tag. I will try this tonight.

Offline Matzon

« Reply #29 on: September 10, 2010, 15:45:48 »
added 2.2.1 to http://lwjgl.org/update

works?