OpenAL broken in rc2

Started by EgonOlsen, September 17, 2008, 07:40:18

Previous topic - Next topic

EgonOlsen

Anything new on this topic, or is this new dll supposed to be the final solution to the problem?

Matzon

This dll will work for now. I think the solution will have to be a upx packed, statically linked (to vcruntime 8) OpenAL32.dll
Otherwise I would have to downgrade to vc2005, and assume that more people will have that runtime installed (much more likely). But it is a bit more work than I would like.

elias

The vc runtime should always be statically linked or included in the distribution, and it is only the dev tools that install the runtimes in system32 as a convenience:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/326922

To address this issue, the CRT DLL is no longer considered a system file, therefore, distribute the CRT DLL with any application that relies on it. Because it is no longer a system component, install it in your applications Program Files directory with other application-specific code. This prevents your application from using other versions of the CRT library that may be installed on the system paths.

Visual C++ .NET 2003 or Visual C++ .NET 2002 installs the CRT DLL in the System32 directory on a development system. This is installed as a convenience for the developer.

- elias