Processing to Java and Scala

Started by middayc, January 03, 2008, 13:51:00

Previous topic - Next topic

middayc

hi,

I started making a game in processing (it is sort of java -- code gets changed to java and then compiled) ... It is great to start quickly and has many interesting libraries. as code is getting more complex I would rather use a concrete full blown language and I have some issues with processing keyboard input and sound.

So I intend to make it further with LWJGL because it also has openAL / Fmod for sound and I hope input will work flawlessly with it because you have JInput.

I have one question. Did anyone try to use Scala with LWJGL?

this is the youtube video of the game: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aACBSRG5ywM

best regards,
janko

princec

Haven't used Scala but the game looks like the sort of thing I like to wile away the hours playing :)
It also looks like the sort of thing that'd be pretty trivial to do in neat Java with LWJGL.

Cas :)

middayc

I was thinking a little and I think I will do it in Java yes. Better than working with two first-time things at the same time (openGl and Scala).

I think this should suit LWJGL nicely also, If I will manage to make lines, filled rects and circles I have 99% of the game rendering covered :).

j.

middayc

After long wait I finally started porting this and so far code seems much nicer and under control than my processing code did. I decided to use Java (not Scala) and am not sorry. I hope to have a playable "tech demo" soon. Thanks to kevin glass for nice asteroids LWJGL tutorial.