• 2 Replies
README - FullScreenWindowedTest works only partially
« on: May 20, 2008, 14:09:52 »
hi crowd,

i am testing my apple MacOSX install of lwjgl-2.0b1

some things work, some don't. when i get to

org.lwjgl.test.opengl.FullScreenWindowedTest
    org.lwjgl.test.opengl.pbuffers.PbufferTest

they run and show the rotating, bouncing square. apparently, i should be able to reverse direction of the rotation with + and -. hitting these keys on my MacBook Pro does nothing though. Should I worry?

Thanks, ciao,
« Last Edit: May 20, 2008, 14:40:27 by lobsterman »

Re: README - FullScreenWindowedTest works only partially
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2008, 15:29:42 »
Just so you know (since you seem to be having a lot of trouble), LWJGL 2.0 is still in beta and changes a lot of the structure of LWJGL so there will be problems (possibly a lot of problems). If you want a more stable, better documented version, you should try the 1.1.4 release.

EDIT: Most of the documentation is written for 1.x version.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2008, 15:32:15 by Fool Running »
Programmers will, one day, rule the world... and the world won't notice until its too late.Just testing the marquee option ;D

Re: README - FullScreenWindowedTest works only partially
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2008, 11:06:25 »
hi,

that makes perfect sense. i look forward to contributing to this as 2.0 develops.

the readme file is an easy one to fix though and most misses are obvious ones. fixing this will allow new folks to quickly get into the framework and actively help. it is frustrating when it is unclear whether things are not working because i set it up wrong or because the instructions for how to do it and what to expect are outdated.

thanks again and all the best,