Hello Guest

Multiplayer networked games

• 3 Replies
Multiplayer networked games
« on: April 10, 2008, 18:13:08 »
I'm looking for a tutorial/code on creating real-time, networked, multiplayer games in Java. I've found some turn-based multiplayer game tutorials, but they sit there and wait for network responses (which I assume you can't do in a real-time environment).

Any help, links, etc. would be greatly appreciated. ;D
Programmers will, one day, rule the world... and the world won't notice until its too late.Just testing the marquee option ;D

Offline bobjob

• LWJGL: WOW SO GOOD
Re: Multiplayer networked games
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2008, 21:42:53 »
they sit there and wait for network responses (which I assume you can't do in a real-time environment).

i dont know if my networking apps are that solid, yet with my TCP multithreaded network model i let the client sit there and wait, and if the server doesnt want to send anything it will send a single byte to say "pass" and then the client will send something, i it doesnt want to it will then say "pass". I setup the sync method in the server-player Thread. its probably not the best because there is constant networking traffic, hopefully someone has a better idea.

Offline kappa

« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2008, 00:26:21 »

« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2008, 02:00:59 »
Thanks for the responses. I'm playing around with Noodles. It looks promising.  ;D
Programmers will, one day, rule the world... and the world won't notice until its too late.Just testing the marquee option ;D