Problem with Applet

Started by Unic, February 01, 2008, 15:32:26

Previous topic - Next topic

kappa

ah looks like a permissions problem, either you click cancel on the dialog box asking for permissions to run signed applet or you have not signed your jars properly.

Nexus

Quoteyou click cancel on the dialog box asking for permissions to run signed applet
Ther's no dialog box asking about that.

Quoteyou have not signed your jars properly
Hmm... I use keytool to generate key and then jarsigner to sign my jar file the very same way Unic descibed in his first post in this topic. What can I do wrong? I either tried using library jar files signed as they are or signing them on my own with no effect whatsoever...

kappa

hmm strange that there is no dialog box asking for permission, which could be caused by a number of situations.

1. You check the box to always trust that certificate (if so try remove it from the java control panel) which would cause it not to show.

2. You clicked cancel on the dialog at which point the current jvm labels the certificate untrustworthy and won't show up again until a new jvm is started. The current jvm will continue to run until browser is closed and started again (means closing all browser windows).