Windows NT 4?

Started by EgonOlsen, September 10, 2003, 21:36:57

Previous topic - Next topic

EgonOlsen

After reading the LWJGL-flames on gamedev.net, i remembered that the AP is right in ONE point: LWJGL doesn't work under NT 4 and so is Alien Flux.
I have to use NT 4 at work (with a Geforce2MX) and an older version of AF did run (can't remember which one. One of the betas, i assume). Now, all i'm getting is this:

It's in german but should be easy to understand. Do you think there's anything you can do about it? I would like to play some AF at work :wink:

princec

Easily fixed - found the bug in 2 seconds flat.
We shall release a 0.71 version of LWJGL as soon as we can to fix it, and Matrox cards. Hey, it might even work on an S3 now!

Cas :)

EgonOlsen

Quote from: "princec"Easily fixed - found the bug in 2 seconds flat.
Great news!!! No, wait. Not great at all. Now i'm forced to use my work machine as a test-bed for my own stuff instead of doing what i'm supposed to do there.  :lol:

princec

it will become awfully easy to just click on random Webstart links too and find yourself playing games... :P

Cas :)

elias

There, I updated LWJGL with an even more elaborate NT fix. You can get it here:

http://oddlabs.com/lwjgl-test.zip

- elias

EgonOlsen

cfmdobbie

Hey, excellent!

That means LWJGL now runs on all currently in-use versions of Windows, on any Linux with the latest kernel, and with almost all current gaming hardware.  Fantastic!  Congratulations all round.

Are the Matrox issues now resolved as well?  And how is the MacOSX port going?
ellomynameis Charlie Dobbie.

elias

The MacOSX port is stuck - I _still_ haven't found a way to create a bahving window. Rats!

- elias

bedelf

Use the force, elias.

EgonOlsen

I tested it some more and it worked under NT4 on a GF2MX (with drivers from the stoneage) as well as on an i845e platform using the onboard graphics. The later couldn't do windowed mode though, because all i got was a lot of garbage in the LWJGL-window. Anyway, fullscreen mode worked fine. Just to let you know...