Hello Guest

Need SVN access

• 17 Replies
Need SVN access
« on: August 21, 2007, 02:16:21 »
Can someone grant me access to SVN so I can commit the Direct 3D stuff.  My userid on SourceForge is captainjester.

Thanks.
The problems of this world cannot possibly be solved by skeptics or cynics whose horizons are limited by the obvious realities.  We need men and women who can dream of things that never were. - John Fitzgerald Kennedy(35th US President)
8)

Offline Matzon

Re: Need SVN access
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2007, 04:44:23 »
could I get a diff/patch/sourcedrop of the latest code first ?

« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2007, 11:58:02 »
Sure.  I'll put it together when I get home from work.
The problems of this world cannot possibly be solved by skeptics or cynics whose horizons are limited by the obvious realities.  We need men and women who can dream of things that never were. - John Fitzgerald Kennedy(35th US President)
8)

« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2007, 23:09:17 »
I have made a zip with everything in it.

http://www.myjavaserver.com/~captainjester/lwjgld3d.zip

There are 5 test classes:

org.lwjgl.test.d3d.DrunkenHyenaLines
  org.lwjgl.test.d3d.DrunkenHyenaPoints
  org.lwjgl.test.d3d.DrunkenHyenaTriangles
  org.lwjgl.test.d3d.DrunkenHyenaWorldTransform
  org.lwjgl.test.d3d.IDirect3D9Test

The last one just puts a triangle on the screen.

The first 4, as you may have guessed, are done from Drunken Hyena's tutorials.  The World Transform one is very slow compared to the C++ version on his site, so there still needs to be some tweeking done.  I am sure your experience with OpenGL will help.

I have completed the native code for IDirect3D9, IDirect3DDevice9 and IDirect3DVertexBuffer9.  The rest are just stubbed out.
8)

Offline Matzon

« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2007, 05:29:43 »
thanks!
I have updated your svn access (you already had cvs access). It all looks good, though we need to look into using same window code, generating code from templates and all sorts of small issues.

« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2007, 12:21:39 »
Agreed.

Do you want me to commit it now?  Or wait for the go ahead?
8)

Offline Matzon

« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2007, 15:58:41 »
might as well commit since its all selfcontained - and svn allows deletion ;)

« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2007, 23:13:43 »
Ok.  Everything is now is SVN.  Can someone get it out and try to compile, just to make sure I didn't forget anyhting?

Thanks.
8)

Offline Matzon

« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2007, 05:05:58 »
DisplayImplementation had an import of org.lwjgl.input.InputImplementation which doesn't exist.
I also had to copy over the header files from the source drop.

link:
    [apply]    Creating library lwjgl.lib and object lwjgl.exp
    [apply] org_lwjgl_d3d_D3DUtil.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbo
l _D3DXMatrixLookAtLH@16 referenced in function _Java_org_lwjgl_d3d_D3DUtil_nD3D
XMatrixLookAtLH@24
l _D3DXMatrixPerspectiveFovLH@20 referenced in function _Java_org_lwjgl_d3d_D3DU
til_nD3DXMatrixPerspectiveFovLH@28
l _D3DXMatrixScaling@16 referenced in function _Java_org_lwjgl_d3d_D3DUtil_nD3DX
MatrixScaling@24
l _D3DXMatrixTranslation@16 referenced in function _Java_org_lwjgl_d3d_D3DUtil_n
D3DXMatrixTranslation@24
l _D3DXMatrixRotationY@8 referenced in function _Java_org_lwjgl_d3d_D3DUtil_nD3D
XMatrixRotationX@16
l _D3DXMatrixMultiply@12 referenced in function _Java_org_lwjgl_d3d_D3DUtil_nD3D
XMatrixMultiply@20
    [apply] org_lwjgl_d3d_IDirect3D9.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external sy
mbol _Direct3DCreate9@4 referenced in function _Java_org_lwjgl_d3d_IDirect3D9_nC
reate@8
    [apply] lwjgl.dll : fatal error LNK1120: 7 unresolved externals

The best thing to do, is to pull trunk from svn and then check if it compiles. We also need to look into seperating it out to a new dll - thats the primary task, since this breaks the whole of lwjgl

Offline elias

• http://oddlabs.com
« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2007, 11:32:18 »
I'd say the primary task (apart from compilation fixes) is integrating d3d with the rest of lwjgl without code duplication. Separating stuff into dlls is secondary to me.

- elias

« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2007, 11:38:10 »
DisplayImplementation had an import of org.lwjgl.input.InputImplementation which doesn't exist.
I also had to copy over the header files from the source drop.

The header files should be generated using the "headers" target in the build script.
8)

Offline Matzon

« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2007, 11:39:34 »
hm, did you submit any changes to the build file ?

Offline Matzon

« Reply #12 on: August 23, 2007, 11:40:32 »
I'd say the primary task (apart from compilation fixes) is integrating d3d with the rest of lwjgl without code duplication. Separating stuff into dlls is secondary to me.
Well, until this is fixed we can't release a new version of lwjgl - at least not without pushing a larger dll and jar

« Reply #13 on: August 23, 2007, 15:08:59 »
hm, did you submit any changes to the build file ?

That's the problem.  I'll put that in today.
8)

« Reply #14 on: August 25, 2007, 12:58:29 »
Sorry, forgot to put the build file in.  It is in there now.
8)