osx and Eclipse

Started by xiotex, August 05, 2007, 13:24:04

Previous topic - Next topic

xiotex

I am incredibly new to Java but not to coding but for the life of me I can't get eclipse past the:

xception in thread "main" java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: no lwjgl in java.library.path

error. I think I understand what it means but no matter what I set '-Djava.library.path=' to I don't seem able to resolve the issue.

Can anyone supply a step-by-step setup for lwjgl and the latest version of Eclipse on Mac OSX? I have been trying for 4 hours now and are about to give up on what seems like a nice system.

Matzon

have you been able to launch the lwjgl demos from the terminal?

xiotex

Quote from: Matzon on August 05, 2007, 16:58:31
have you been able to launch the lwjgl demos from the terminal?

Well - I was able to run the test app.

I found that if I bind the link elements within Eclipse without using the java library path I can get it to work but I really have no idea what it is doing...

Matzon

I have no experience with eclipse on osx, but the -Djava.library.path=/path/to/lwjgl/native/files/osx must be passed as an VM argument.
Try using absolute paths to remove any relative path issues

xiotex

Quote from: Matzon on August 05, 2007, 17:58:16
I have no experience with eclipse on osx, but the -Djava.library.path=/path/to/lwjgl/native/files/osx must be passed as an VM argument.
Try using absolute paths to remove any relative path issues

I have tried relative paths and absolute paths. I have tried placing the files in other locations and then changing the path to all combinations and no joy

Any osx developers here?

xiotex

finally managed it - pulling teeth would have been less painfull