SysRq not working on Windows

Started by lightbringer, July 11, 2007, 12:15:35

Previous topic - Next topic

lightbringer

Hi guys,

ever since I updated to lwjgl 1.1, I've been having a problem with the SysRq key (which I use for screenshots normally) not generating the proper event. I ran the KeyboardTest, and it says "Checking Key:NONE" when I press SysRq. I checked the recent svn commit logs for Keyboard.java but didn't find anything relevant. The key is working fine in other applications. Could this be a bug?

My environment is JDK 1.5.0_09, Windows XP Pro SP2, and LWJGL 1.1

Matzon

what event did you usually get ?

lightbringer

Event 183.

I also ran the KeyboardTest in lwjgl 1.0 just now and it properly returns "Checking Key:SYSRQ", once as true when pressed and once as false as released.

Matzon

k, so elias broke something when he updated the keyboard 8)

I'll ping him when he gets back from vacation

lightbringer

Alright. I'm just happy it's not something on my end, for once.  :)

HappyCat

Just to say that in addition to SysReq I also don't get any response from the +/= key beside the backspace key, and the `/¬ key beneath the Esc key.

Edit: this is on 1.1 and I know `/¬ used to work in 1.0 'cos that's what I was using to bring down my console and I had to chance it  :)

elias

(Assuming US keyboard layout)

I've fixed the +/= and sysrq keys to match lwjgl 1.0. The ` key under esc gives me a KEY_GRAVE with lwjgl 1.1, the same as lwjgl 1.0. Are you using the US keyboard layout? lwjgl 1.1 pays more attention to key layouts than 1.0.

EDIT: Under the UK layout, ` under esc didn't work. It now maps to KEY_EQUALS like lwjgl 1.0.

- elias

lightbringer